In the process of planning a trip to Pakistan, you need to take into account a lot of things. However, the first and foremost should be a visa. You need to check whether you need one or not. Since there are only 5 visa-exempt nationalities, chances are that you do. Even so, Pakistan recently adopted the electronic visa system, and if you qualify, you can obtain a Pakistan eVisa online. iVisa can help with the online application process. If you are curious about learning more about the Pakistan eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Mauritian citizen, do I have access to a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. Mauritius is on the list of countries whose citizens are eligible for a Pakistan eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Pakistan eVisa?
Before you go ahead and fill in the online application form, you need to see if you meet a few requirements. The list is rather short, and you may already have some of the items on it. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – do not forget to take a look at its expiry date before you start the online application process. You have to make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. You must scan the passport’s information page.
- Proof of accommodation – you can present a hotel booking confirmation. However, if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter of invitation
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture is not older than 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – your Pakistan eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the eVisa before departure
- Means of payment – iVisa is flexible when it comes to payments. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, as well as WeChat
How long must I wait for my Pakistan eVisa to be ready?
Not long. Plus, when you use iVisa’s services, you can choose the processing time of your application from the three options you are presented. That way, you can receive your travel document exactly when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 15 days
- Rush processing – your Pakistan eVisa is ready within 13 days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 10 days for your application to be reviewed
How much does it cost to apply for a Pakistan eVisa online?
Not too much. But keep in mind that the amount you are charged for a Pakistan eVisa depends on your country of origin and on the processing time you select for your application. As you can imagine, the faster the processing, the more considerable the amount. The fees are:
- Standard - USD 60.00
- Rush - USD 80.00
- Super Rush - USD 100.00
What is the validity period of a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival since the issue date.
Is the Pakistan eVisa a single or a multiple-entry visa?
The Pakistan eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I remain in Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa lets you stay inside the country for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Are there any specific points of entry that accept a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. With a Pakistan eVisa, you are obligated to cross the border via the following points of entry:
- Islamabad Airport
- Lahore Airport
- Peshawar Airport
- Karachi Airport
- Quetta Airport
- Multan Airport
- Rahim Yar Khan Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Faisalabad Airport
- Wahga Land Route
- Wahga Railway Station
- Khokarapar Railway Station
- Karachi Sea Port
- Ghassbandar Sea Port
- Port Bin Qasim
- Taftan Land Route
- Gwadar Airport
- Gwada Sea Port
- Sost Land Route
- Sialkot Airport