Planning a trip to Pakistan is not the easiest of tasks, but do you know what you need to think about first? The visa. Most nationalities need one, and chances are that you do too. However, Pakistan has an electronic visa system in place, and 175 nationalities have access to it. As a result, if you find yourself among them, you can apply for a Pakistan eVisa online. iVisa facilitates the online application process for you. To know more about the Pakistan eVisa, please read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I am a South African citizen. Am I eligible for a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. According to Pakistan’s visa policy, the citizens of South Africa can apply for a Pakistan eVisa.
What should I prepare for the online application process?
You cannot apply for a Pakistan eVisa unless you meet the requirements. Nevertheless, you are about to see that the list is not very long, and the items on it are relatively easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure to take a look at its expiry date before you start the online application process. That is because the passport has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. A scan of the information page is also required
- Proof of accommodation – it depends on where you plan on staying. A hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you visit with family/friends, you must have a letter of invitation from them
- Digital passport photo – the picture cannot be older than 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in multiple copies
- Means of payment – regarding payments, iVisa is flexible. We accept credit or debit cards but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
You get to choose that. iVisa gives you the opportunity to select a processing speed for your application. You are provided with three options so that you can pick one according to your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing –your Pakistan eVisa arrives within 15 days
- Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 13 days
- Super Rush processing – expect your eVisa to arrive within just 10 days
What is the cost of a Pakistan eVisa?
The amount you are charged for your Pakistan eVisa depends on your nationality, as well as on the processing speed option you choose for your application. The sooner you expect your travel document to be sent to you, the more you are asked to pay for it. The prices are:
- Standard - USD 60.00
- Rush - USD 80.00
- Super Rush - USD 100.00
How long is the Pakistan eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Pakistan eVisa is of 90 days after arrival since the issue date.
How many entries does a Pakistan eVisa ensure?
The Pakistan eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay granted by a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
Are there designated points of entry that accept a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. Only the points of entry listed below will let you cross the border with a Pakistan eVisa. All the others will ask for a standard visa issued by a Pakistani embassy.
- Islamabad Airport
- Lahore Airport
- Peshawar Airport
- Karachi Airport
- Quetta Airport
- Multan Airport
- Rahim Yar Khan Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Faisalabad Airport
- Wahga Land Route
- Wahga Railway Station
- Khokarapar Railway Station
- Karachi Sea Port
- Ghassbandar Sea Port
- Port Bin Qasim
- Taftan Land Route
- Gwadar Airport
- Gwada Sea Port
- Sost Land Route
- Sialkot Airport