Pakistan makes for an excellent vacation destination if you are into trekking or hiking. But did you know that most nationalities need a visa to enter Pakistan? Chances are you do too. However, there is some good news as well. Recently, Pakistan adopted the electronic visa system. As a result, in case you are eligible, you can apply for a Pakistan eVisa online. If that is the case, iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you do not go through too much trouble. To learn more about the Pakistan eVisa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I am a Swedish citizen. Am I eligible for a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Sweden are among the nationalities that are granted access to a Pakistan eVisa.
What should I prepare for the online application process?
As you are about to see, the list of requirements for a Pakistan eVisa does not include documents or information that may be difficult to acquire. Plus, you may already have some of them at your disposal. Here is what is necessary for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure to take a look at its expiry date before you start the online application process. That is because the passport has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. A scan of the information page is also required
- Proof of accommodation – it depends on where you plan on staying. A hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you visit with family/friends, you must have a letter of invitation from them
- Digital passport photo – the picture cannot be older than 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in multiple copies
- Means of payment – regarding payments, iVisa is flexible. We accept credit or debit cards but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
That is up to you. Since not all applicants have the same needs, iVisa created three processing speed options for your application. That way, you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing –your Pakistan eVisa arrives within 15 days
- Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 13 days
- Super Rush processing – expect your eVisa to arrive within just 10 days
What is the cost of a Pakistan eVisa?
The amount you are charged for a Pakistan eVisa depends not only on your nationality but on the processing time option you choose for your application as well. The sooner you want your travel document to be ready, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 75.00
- Rush - USD 95.00
- Super Rush - USD 115.00
How long is the Pakistan eVisa valid for?
The Pakistan eVisa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival since the issue date.
How many entries does a Pakistan eVisa ensure?
The Pakistan eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay granted by a Pakistan eVisa?
When you hold a Pakistan eVisa, you can stay in Pakistan for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Are there designated points of entry that accept a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. Only the points of entry listed below allow you to cross the Pakistani border with a Pakistan eVisa. All the rest will ask you to present a standard visa issued by a Pakistani embassy.
- Islamabad Airport
- Lahore Airport
- Peshawar Airport
- Karachi Airport
- Quetta Airport
- Multan Airport
- Rahim Yar Khan Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Faisalabad Airport
- Wahga Land Route
- Wahga Railway Station
- Khokarapar Railway Station
- Karachi Sea Port
- Ghassbandar Sea Port
- Port Bin Qasim
- Taftan Land Route
- Gwadar Airport
- Gwada Sea Port
- Sost Land Route
- Sialkot Airport