If you are planning a trip to Pakistan as a tourist or for business purposes, know that you are most likely required to get a visa in advance. Only 5 nationalities are exempt. However, there is some good news on the horizon as well. Pakistan recently adopted the electronic visa system, and if you find yourself among the eligible nationalities, you have the possibility to apply for a Pakistan eVisa online. iVisa is here to assist you with the online application process. For further information about the Pakistan eVisa, please read the answers to the most commonly asked questions you can find down below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of the United States of America apply for a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. According to Pakistan’s visa policy, US citizens are eligible for a Pakistan eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet to apply for a Pakistan eVisa?
You cannot apply for a Pakistan eVisa unless you have at hand everything necessary for the online application process. But rest assured that the documents and information iVisa asks of you are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – what you have to do is to make sure that it is valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. Take a look at its expiry date before you begin the application process. A scan of the passport’s information page is also necessary
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is adequate, but if you wish to stay with family or friends, you need to have them write an invitation letter
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture is taken in the last 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – when you apply online for a Pakistan eVisa, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before you leave for Pakistan
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable
How soon should I expect the Pakistan eVisa to arrive?
It is up to you. All that iVisa does is to present you with three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. Therefore, you are at liberty to choose one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing –your Pakistan eVisa is ready within 15 Business Days
- Rush processing – you have to wait 13 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your eVisa arrives within just 10 Business Days
How much does a Pakistan eVisa cost?
The cost of this document depends. The cost of a Pakistan eVisa is not the same in all cases. It is determined by both nationality and the processing speed chosen for the application. So, the slower you want the processing to go, the least you pay. Here are the prices for all options:
- Standard - USD 100.00
- Rush - USD 120.00
- Super Rush - USD 140.00
What is the validity period of a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa remains valid for 90 days after arrival since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa grants you a stay of up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use a Pakistan eVisa at any point of entry in Pakistan?
No. As long as you hold a Pakistan eVisa, you are obligated to enter the country via the following border checkpoints:
- Islamabad Airport
- Lahore Airport
- Peshawar Airport
- Karachi Airport
- Quetta Airport
- Multan Airport
- Rahim Yar Khan Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Faisalabad Airport
- Wahga Land Route
- Wahga Railway Station
- Khokarapar Railway Station
- Karachi Sea Port
- Ghassbandar Sea Port
- Port Bin Qasim
- Taftan Land Route
- Gwadar Airport
- Gwada Sea Port
- Sost Land Route
- Sialkot Airport