When you apply for a Bhutan passport, one of the first things you have to do is to make sure that you have all the required documentation and information. One of the requirements for a Bhutan passport is to procure a set of two passport photos. iVisa Photos can help you with that. So, instead of going to a photo studio to have your picture taken, you can use iVisa Photos and take them yourself in the comfort of your home.
Furthermore, since you want to obtain a Bhutan passport, it is safe to assume that you want to travel internationally. If so, check out our website. You may be eligible for an electronic visa, in which case iVisa can be of assistance with the online application process.
The Bhutan passport photo requirements are as follows:
- Size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width. The facial image should take between 70 % and 80% of the entire picture
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: the head must be straight and facing the camera
- Recency: no older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the shot
- Make sure that the photo is not blurry
- Glasses: only if they do not distort your facial features
- Headgear: accepted only for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: in contrast with the background
- Beard: only if it represents your everyday appearance
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Bhutan Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Bhutan Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
For a better understanding of the Bhutan passport photo requirements, we decided to elaborate on a few of the specifications mentioned above. Since an improper passport photo is one of the most frequent causes of a rejected application, we want to give you all the information you need to take the best possible picture.
- Before you prepare yourself to take the passport photo, make sure to find the perfect environment. The background should be plain white. It should not have colors, shadows, or patterns on it.
- How you position your head for your passport or visa photo is incredibly important. Your head needs to be square to the camera. Look straight into the camera so that both sides of your face are equally visible. You are not allowed to rotate or tilt your head. If you take a portrait-style picture, in which the head is photographed from one side, your photo will be rejected.
- As far as your facial expression is concerned, you have to keep it neutral. Relax your face to achieve this. You cannot smile or frown in your passport or visa photo.
- You should look straight into the camera so that your eyes are clearly visible. If you wear glasses, they cannot cover your eyes in any way, and you have to make sure that there is no glare in the passport photo. If you wear large frames, take the glasses off. Sunglasses, as well as glasses with tinted lenses, are not allowed in a passport or a visa photo.
- The source of light should be in front of you for better clarity. It cannot be too bright or too dim. Make sure that it does not create reflections and shadows on your face. Anything of the kind has the potential of altering your facial features.
- Headwear is accepted but only in one specific case. If your religion forbids you from keeping your head uncovered, you may take the passport photo with headwear on. However, even then, you have to make sure that your face is clearly visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. The headwear should also not make any shadows on your face.
- If you generally have a beard, you can keep it on for your passport photo. Are you planning to shave it off? Then you should do so before you have your picture taken.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
As you may very well know, children, no matter their age, have to have their own passport and visa. As far as the photo requirements are concerned, there are no significant differences between an adult’s passport photo and the picture of a child. Even so, here is what you need to know before taking a passport photo of your child:
- You can place your child in a car seat on or his/her back to take a passport photo. However, you need to put a white sheet that acts as the background. The white background applies to children’s passport photos as well.
- If your child has a beanie or a hat, please remove it for the passport photo. The same goes for a pacifier.
- If you need to hold your baby during the photoshoot, remember that your hands cannot appear in the picture. The baby alone has to be in the passport photo.
- The child has to be awake when you take the picture.
When you go to a photo studio to get your passport or visa photo, you will notice that it can be quite costly. However, iVisa Photos offers high quality photos at a low price. You will need 2 passport photos for a Bhutan passport, and we can get you the set for only 428 BTN. The chances of you finding a better offer are slim to none.
How to get Bhutan Passport Photos or Bhutan Visa Photos Online
Have you decided to get your Bhutan passport photos with iVisa Photos? Then you are about to find out just how easy it is to make that happen. All you need is a decent camera. You can use your phone or tablet if you want. What you have to do is to take your picture, but make sure to follow the guidelines and the rules we talked about above. iVisa Photos allows you to make several attempts until you get the image that you love. The additional attempts are free of charge. Once you have the photo you like, we will process it and give you two options. One, you can download the picture and print it yourself. Just make sure to print it on photo-quality paper. And two, we can have the set delivered to your house.
If you have any questions regarding iVisa Photos, our customer support service is more than happy to answer them. Do not hesitate to contact us.