If you want to acquire a Cyprus passport, then you should know that you are required to put together a series of necessary documents and fill in an application form. One of the things you will need is a set of 2 passport photos. iVisa Photos can help you with that. Instead of going to a photo studio to have your picture taken, you can do that yourself at home, and we will teach you how.
Since you want to travel outside of Cyprus, you may need a visa as well, depending on where you plan to go. our website can help with the online application process if you happen to be eligible for an electronic visa.
- Required photo size: 50 mm in height and 40 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight to the camera
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not obstruct your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are possible for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Cyprus Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
If you find some of the Cyprus passport photo requirements above unclear, you will find a more comprehensive description of some of them below. Since an inadequate passport photo is often the cause of rejection, we want to give you as much information as possible. That way, you can avoid wasting your time.
- The background of a Cyprus passport photo must be white. You can use a white wall as a background, but if you do not have one in your home, a white sheet should fix the issue. Just hang it on the wall and problem solved. Remember that your background cannot include colors, patterns, or shadows. It has to be plain white.
- For better exposure of all your facial features, you need to place the camera at eye level. Both sides of your face must be equally visible, which is why you should not rotate or tilt your head in any direction. You cannot submit a portrait-style photo because it will be rejected.
- The best thing you could do to achieve a neutral facial expression in your passport photo or visa photo is to relax the muscles of your face when you take the picture. Do not smile, raise your brows, or frown because the photo will be rejected.
- Look straight into the camera when you snap the picture. Make sure that your eyes are not covered by your hair or by the frames of your glasses if you wear any. If you do wear glasses, you can keep them on but only if they do not create glare in the photo. You cannot wear glasses with tinted lenses or sunglasses for your passport photo or visa photo.
- Find an environment where the light is neither too bright nor too dim. We all know the effects of bad lighting on one’s facial features. You should make sure that the source of the light is in front of you so that there are no shadows on your face.
- Headwear is usually not acceptable in a passport photo or visa photo. However, if you are bound by your religious beliefs to keep your head covered, you may do so for your passport photo or visa photo. But even then, you have to make sure that your headwear does not cast shadows on your face and that your face is perfectly visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
- If your everyday look includes a beard, you can keep it for your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children of all ages are not exempt from having their own passport and visa, which is why they need to apply for both as well. You can take their picture at home too, and the tips below should be of assistance.
- The passport photo for a child is not that different from the passport photo for an adult. However, children’s heads are smaller, which is why they can occupy less surface of the picture.
- Photographing your child in a car seat means that you have to cover the backrest with a white sheet.
- Some people photograph their children from above in the lying down position. If you wish to do that as well, place the child on a white blanket or sheet.
- If the baby has a pacifier, remove it for the passport photo. The same goes for hats and beanies.
- Take the picture when the child is awake.
If you do not want to spend much money on a set of photos for your Cyprus passport, then you have come to the right place. We all know that photo studios overcharge most of the time. However, you need a set of two passport photos for a Cyprus passport, and iVisa Photos can offer them to you for only $5.99, which is roughly 5.50 EUR, depending on the exchange rate.
How to get Cyprus Passport Photos or Cyprus Visa Photos Online
You should not experience any difficulties in using the service provided by iVisa Photos. Utilizing a camera from a phone or tablet, take your picture. Just be careful to follow the guidelines we listed for you above. It is okay if you do not like the first photo you get. iVisa Photos allows you to take multiple pictures until you get the one you love. Free of charge.
After you have a photo you are pleased with, you can submit it, and iVisa Photos will process it. Then, you are given two choices. You can either download the photos and print them yourself, or you can provide us with an address, and we will deliver the pictures to you. It is as simple as that. Just make sure to have photo-quality paper if you decide to download the picture.
For more information about iVisa Photos and its services, do not hesitate to contact us.
Example of a correct photo