Do you want to apply for a Dominican passport? Then you may already know that you will need to passport photos along with all the required documentation. iVisa Photos can help you get your pictures so that you do not have to go to a photo studio. The process is simple, fast, and the photos you receive are 100% government compliant.
Moreover, if you have to apply for a visa as well, check out iVisa.com. They can help you find out whether or not you qualify for an electronic visa, and if you do, iVisa will facilitate the online application process for you.
Here are the Dominica passport photo requirements you need to follow:
- Required photo size: 4.5 cm in height and 3.5 cm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight to the camera
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: light colors
- Smile: slight smile with your mouth closed is accepted
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not obstruct your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are possible for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes, camouflage, bolt patterns, military clothes, sleeveless shirts, and tank tops
- Beard: it is allowed only if it reflects your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Dominica Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Dominica Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Did you know that an inadequate passport photo is one of the most frequent causes of rejection when it comes to passport applications? That is why we feel that it is incredibly important that you have at hand as much information as possible. Below, we’ve provided further explanations on a few of the specifications listed above.
- The background of a Dominica passport photo must have a light color. You can go for light grey, light blue, light beige, and so on. However, we recommend that you choose a white background. It is failproof. Make sure that it has no colors or patterns on it, nor shadows. If you do not have a white wall in your house, you can hang a white sheet on the wall. Problem solved.
- Put the camera at eye level. That way, your entire face is perfectly visible. Keep in mind that both sides of your face must be equally visible, so do not tilt or rotate your head at any angle. Portrait-style pictures are not valid.
- While you can smile for a Dominica passport photo, you have to keep your mouth closed. Even so, we advise you to adopt a neutral facial expression because you cannot go wrong with that. Relax your face when you take the photo to achieve a neutral expression.
- The eyes must not be obstructed by anything such as the frames of your glasses or your hair. You must look straight into the camera. If you must wear glasses, make sure that the photo does not include glare. Sunglasses and tinted lenses are prohibited, so make sure to take them off before taking the passport photo or visa photo.
- Make sure that the light source is right in front of you. That ensures there are no shadows on your face. The light must have the right intensity as well. Not too dark or too bright.
- Headwear can appear in a passport photo or a visa photo, but only if your religious beliefs dictate that you must keep your head covered at all times. Even then, make sure that the veil does not create shadows on your face. At the same time, your face needs to be visible from the top of your head to the bottom of your chin and from one ear to the other.
- If a beard represents your everyday look, you are allowed to keep it for the passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children must have their own passport and visa no matter their age. If you want to take their picture with iVisa Photos as well, you can do that. Just make sure to follow the tips below.
- A child’s head can occupy less space in the picture. This makes sense because children’s heads are smaller.
- Please take the photo when the child is awake.
- Taking a photo of a child from above while he/she is lying on their back means that you’ll have to place a white or light-colored sheet underneath.
- Many parents take the passport photo of their children while in a car seat. If you want to do that too, do not forget to put a light-colored sheet on the backrest.
- If your baby has a pacifier or a hat, please remove them for the passport photo or visa photo.
- Only the child can appear in the passport photo or visa photo.
Getting your passport photos online with iVisa Photos is not only less time-consuming, but it is also cheaper. For a Dominican passport photo, you need 2 photos, and you can get them with iVisa Photos for only $5.99. That is about 16 XCD. The price may be slightly different due to the exchange rate on the day you want to use iVisa Photos’ services.
How to get Dominica Passport Photos or Dominica Visa Photos Online
If you wish to use iVisa Photos to get your passport photos or visa photos, here is what you have to do. First, make sure that you have a decent camera. One from a phone or tablet should do. Then, you have to take your picture with all the guidelines above in mind. If you do not like your first attempt, you can try again. In fact, you are allowed to try until you get a picture you love. iVisa Photos does not charge you for the additional attempts.
As soon as you are pleased with the photo, you have to submit it, and iVisa Photos will process it. You get two alternatives. One, you can download and print the photo yourself, or two, you can give us your address and we will deliver the pictures to you. It is as simple as that.
If you have questions or concerns about iVisa Photos and how it works, do not hesitate to contact our customer support service.