Are you planning on applying for an Ecuador passport? Have you checked to see if you meet all the requirements? As you may very well know, an Ecuadorian passport cannot be obtained unless you submit 2 passport photos along with all the required documentation. MyPassportPhotos puts its services at your disposal so that you can acquire the pictures you need without having to go to a professional photo studio. Just take the picture at home, and we will process it so that it is 100% government compliant.
Since you want to travel abroad, you may want to look into iVisa.com. If you happen to be eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa can help you obtain it with as little effort as possible.
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight to the camera
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not obstruct your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are possible for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it reflects your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Ecuador Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
You may not be aware of this, but an improper passport photo is one of the leading causes of rejection when it comes to passport applications. That is why we thought it would be best to offer further details on a few of the requirements we listed above. That way, you can avoid the unpleasant situation in which your application is rejected.
- Finding the right setting for your passport photo or visa photo is crucial. The background needs to be white, and many people choose a white wall. It cannot have any colors on it, neither patterns nor shadows. If you do not have a white wall anywhere in your house, feel free to hang a white sheet on a wall. It will do the trick just fine.
- When taking your passport photo or visa photo, make sure to position the camera at eye level. Make sure that your head is straight. You are not allowed to rotate or tilt your head in any direction. Portrait-style photographs are always rejected because both sides of your face must be equally visible.
- When taking your passport photo or visa photo, you cannot appear smiling. Other facial expressions such as frowning, squinting, and raising your brows are prohibited as well. The only acceptable expression is neutral, so relax your face when you take the picture.
- Your eyes should look straight into the camera when you take the passport photo. They cannot be covered by anything such as hair or the frames of your glasses. If you do have to wear your glasses, make sure that there is no glare in the photo. However, you are not allowed to take your picture wearing sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinted lenses.
- Since the light can play tricks on your facial features, make sure that the source is right in front of you. This ensures a clear view of your face, without any shadows. The lighting must not be too bright or too dark.
- Headwear is usually prohibited. Nevertheless, if your religion does not allow you to walk around with your head uncovered, you can keep your headwear. Even so, remember that the veil must not cast any shadows on your face and that your face must be perfectly visible from one ear to the other and from the top of your head to the bottom of your chin.
- Do you usually wear a beard? If it represents your everyday look, you can keep it for the passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Nowadays, children of all ages are required to have their individual travel documents. Needless to say, you must apply for passports and visas for your kids as well. You can take their passport photo or visa photo at home too, and the tips below should be of help.
- There are no significant differences between an adult’s passport photo and a child’s passport photo other than the fact that a child’s head can occupy less space. Kids have, after all, smaller heads.
- If you want to photograph your child in a car seat, remember to cover the backrest with a white sheet to ensure a white background.
- Taking a picture of your child from the lying down position means that you have to place the baby on a white sheet or white blanket.
- Remove hats and pacifiers before taking the photo.
- Make sure that the child is awake during the photo shoot.
- Only the child can appear in the passport photo or visa photo. If you hold the baby, not even your hands can be visible.
Getting your passport photos or visa photos from a professional photo studio is not the cheapest, which is why we think that you will love the prices offered by MyPassportPhotos. For an Ecuador passport, you need a set of 2 passport photos, and MyPassportPhotos can give them to you for only $5.99. You will not find a better price than that.
How to get Ecuador Passport Photos or Ecuador Visa Photos Online
Using the services provided by MyPassportPhotos is not at all a challenge. All you need is to take your picture following the guidelines we mentioned above. A camera from a phone or a tablet will suffice. Please note that if you do not like the photo you take, MyPassportPhotos allows you to take as many as you want until you get the one you love. Free of charge.
As soon as you manage to take the perfect passport photo, you need to submit it for processing. We will then present you with two options. One, you can download the processed picture and print it yourself on photo-quality paper. Or two, you can give us your address, and we will mail the passport photos to you. Simple as that.
For further information about MyPassportPhotos and its services, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support service.
https://www.gob.ec/index.php/mremh/tramites/emision-pasaporte-ordinario-primera-vez-exterior#panel-legal http://www.ecuador.org/nuevosite/serviciosconsulares_pasaportes_e.php https://www.cancilleria.gob.ec/en/requirements-to-issue-passports-in-ecuador-for-18-years-and-older/
Example of a correct photo