Do you want to apply for a Gambian passport? Then all you have to do is to submit an application at the issuing authority together with a few other documents. You will also need 2 passport photos, and that is something iVisa Photos can help you with. Instead of going to a professional photo studio, you can take your picture at home, and iVisa Photos will process it so that it is 100% government compliant.
You may also need a visa for your trip, in which case we recommend that you check out our website. They can help you find out if you are eligible for an electronic visa, and if you are, iVisa can help you apply for one without too much effort.
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head size and position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Gambia Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Gambia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your passport photo at home is not entirely care-free, and the more information you have, the greater your chance of success. An inadequate passport photo is often the cause of rejection, and we want you to avoid that. That is why we added some details about some of the Gambia passport photo requirements down below.
- Before taking the passport photo, find the perfect environment. It has to include a white wall. If none of the walls in your house are white, you can take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. Just remember that it cannot have colors, patterns, or shadows on it. It has to be plain white.
- To best capture your facial features, you have to position the camera at eye level. That is where the best angle is. Both sides of your face must be visible equally, which is why you should not tilt or rotate your head in any direction. You cannot submit a portrait-style photo either. It will be rejected.
- For your passport photo or visa photo, you cannot smile. You cannot frown, raise your brows, or squint either. Your face has to be completely relaxed to achieve a neutral facial expression.
- Your eyes must be perfectly visible in your passport photo, which is why you should look straight into the camera. They cannot be covered by anything such as your hair or the frames from your glasses. If you do wear glasses, you can keep them on for the passport photo, but only if they do not create glare. You are not allowed to wear sunglasses or tinted lenses in your passport photo or visa photo.
- The source of light you use should be right in front of you so that there will be no shadows on your face. Also, choose a lighting source that is not too bright nor too dark.
- If your religious beliefs do not allow you to walk around with nothing on your head, then you can keep your head covered when you take your picture. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the veil should not cast any shadows on your face. Moreover, your face has to be visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin and from one ear to the other.
- You can keep your beard for your passport photo as long as it represents your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Since children of all ages are required to hold their own passport and visas, you must take their pictures as well. You can use iVisa Photos for them as well. The tips below should be of assistance.
- It is perfectly acceptable that a child’s head can appear smaller than an adult’s head in a passport photo. Children have, after all, smaller heads.
- When taking the passport photo of your child in a car seat, remember to cover the backrest with a white sheet to achieve the white background.
- If you want to take a picture of your child while he/she lays on their back, you should place a white sheet underneath the child.
- If your baby has a pacifier or is wearing a hat, please remove them for the photo.
- Your child has to be awake during the photoshoot.
- Many parents choose to hold their baby for the passport photo. If you want to do the same, remember that only the baby can be visible in the picture.
If you have ever had your passport photo taken at a professional photo studio, then you must already know that it is not the cheapest experience. However, with iVisa Photos, you will spend less money. A Gambia passport requires 2 photos, and you can get them with iVisa Photos for only $5.99. That is approximately 305 GMD. Please note that on the day of your purchase, the price can be slightly different (lower or higher) depending on the current exchange rate.
How to get Gambia Passport Photos or Gambia Visa Photos Online
Now that you have all the necessary information, you are ready to take your own passport photo. Using the camera from your phone or tablet, take your picture following the guidelines and rules above. You are free to take more shots if you do not like the first one. iVisa Photos will not charge you additionally for that.
After you get the passport photo you love, you can submit it, and iVisa Photos will process it so that it comes out 100% government compliant. You are then given two options:
- Download the photo to print it yourself in 2 copies. Just make sure that you have photo-quality paper at hand.
- If you give us your home address, we can mail the photos to you.
Do you need more information about iVisa Photos and ours services? Then you should contact our customer support service. We will happily answer all your questions and concerns.