When you are getting ready to apply for a Honduras passport, you have to make sure that you have the required documents. When you go to submit your application, you are also asked to provide a set of 2 passport photos. Although MyPassportPhotos cannot help you with anything else, we can help you avoid a trip to the photo studio to have your photo taken. Instead, you can take your own picture at home, and we will turn it into a government-compliant passport photo.
While we are talking about international travel, you could also take a look at iVisa.com. Their services specialize in electronic visas. So, if you happen to be eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa can help you obtain it with little to no effort.
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Honduras Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
The list of Honduras passport photo requirements above is complete. However, you may need more information about some of them, and we provided it for you down below. Did you know that one of the most common causes of passport application rejection is an improper passport photo? Read the explanations below to avoid that.
- When preparing to take your photo, find a white wall in your house that does not have colors on it, nor patterns and shadows. If the walls of your home are not white, you can simply take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. It will do the trick.
- The best position for your camera is at eye level. That way, all your facial features are in the shot. Keep your head straight. Do not tilt it or rotate it in any direction. Since it is necessary for both sides of your face to be equally visible, do not submit a portrait-style photo. It will be rejected.
- You are prohibited from smiling in your passport photo or visa photo. In fact, you cannot appear making any facial expressions other than neutral. To best achieve that, relax the muscles of your face when taking the photo.
- When you take your passport photo, you have to look straight into the camera. Your eyes cannot be obscured by your hair or the frames of your glasses. If you wish to keep your glasses on, check the picture for glare. As you can imagine, sunglasses and eyeglasses with tinted lenses are prohibited in a passport photo or visa photo.
- When finding the perfect environment in which to take your passport photo, you have to make sure that the light has the right intensity. It should also not create any shadows on your face, so it is best if you find a source that is right in front of you.
- Headwear is usually prohibited in a passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, if you always keep your head covered for religious purposes, you are allowed to take your picture with your veil on. You just have to make sure that your face is visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead and from ear to ear. The veil should not create shadows on your face either.
- If your beard is a part of your everyday look, you are allowed to keep it for your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children need to have their own travel documents, so if you decide to take them along when you go abroad, you have to apply for passports and visas for them as well. With MyPassportPhotos, you can get photos for your children too. Here are some tips to help you with that.
- Please take the photos when the children are awake.
- If you want to take your child’s photo when sitting in a car seat, remember to put a white sheet on the backrest to achieve the necessary white background.
- In case you want to photograph your baby from above while he/she lays on his/her back, you need to place a white layer underneath.
- You must remove any object form the shot, such as headwear, pacifiers, toys, etc.
- Only the child can appear in the passport photo or visa photo. Even if you want to hold the baby, you have to make sure that your hands do not appear in the frame.
- Adults’ passport photos and children’s passport photos are quite similar when it comes to specification. The difference is that a child’s head can appear smaller in the shot.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photos or visa photos online with MyPassportPhotos will cost you very little. Less than going to a photo studio. For a Honduras passport, you will need 2 photos, and MyPassportPhotos can give them to you at the unbelievably small price of $5.99. That is about 149.15 HNL. The fee might be a little bit different on the day you decide to make the purchase, but that is because of exchange rate fluctuations.
How to get Honduras Passport Photos or Honduras Visa Photos Online
Using the services rendered by MyPassportPhotos is a piece of cake. All you need is a camera, and most people use a phone or a tablet. With the camera, you have to take your photo, but please be careful to follow all the guidelines we talked about above. You can try as many times as you want in case you do not like your picture. MyPassportPhotos does not charge for any additional attempts.
As soon as you have a photo that you love, you have to submit it. MyPassportPhotos will turn it into a government-compliant passport photo, and then we will provide you with two options: 1.Download the picture to print it yourself at home. Just make sure to have photo-quality paper. 2.Give us your address, and we will mail the set to you.
For more clarification, please contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service.
Example of a correct photo