Getting a Hungarian passport is not a complicated process. You just need to put together a few documents, fill in a form, and then submit it to the issuing authority. However, what you also need is a set of 2 passport photos, and that is something MyPassportPhotos can help you with. So, instead of going to a photo studio to have your picture taken by a professional, you can take it yourself. Then MyPassportPhotos will process it so that the photo is government compliant. It is as simple as that.
Since we are talking about international travel, we recommend that you look into iVisa.com as well. Their job is to process your online application in case you are eligible for an electronic visa.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Hungary Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While we already listed the Hungarian passport photo requirements above, we provide further information below so that you can have as much information as possible. The truth of the matter is that many passport applications get rejected due to an inadequate passport photo, and we do not want that happening to you.
- You have to be careful with the environment in which you take your picture because you need the background of the photo to be entirely white. It cannot contain colors of any kind, patterns, or even shadows. If you have a white wall in your house, you can use that, but if you do not, there is no reason to panic. You can just take a white sheet and hang it on the wall.
- When you get ready to take your picture, make sure to place the camera at eye level. Your head needs to be kept straight so that all your facial features are perfectly visible. Do not submit a portrait-style passport photo because it will be rejected. Both sides of your face must appear in the picture, not just one.
- Do not smile when you take your photo. You can neither frown nor raise your brows. You have to adopt a neutral facial expression when you capture the photo. Just relax your face, and that will achieve the desired result.
- Look straight into the camera when you take the picture. Your eyes cannot be obscured by anything. Move your hair away from your face. If the frames of your glasses are too large, remove them entirely. If you do have to wear your glasses, make sure there is no glare in the photograph. Sunglasses and tinted lenses are prohibited in a passport photo or visa photo.
- The light in the environment in which you take your picture must have the right intensity. Not too bright nor too dim. You have to make sure that there are no shadows on your face, so choose a source of lighting that is right in front of you.
- You can keep your headwear for your passport photo or visa photo, but only if your religion compels you too. No other exceptions are made. Even so, your veil cannot cast shadows on your face, and your face must be visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin.
- You can appear with a beard in your passport photo or visa photo, but only if it represents your everyday look. Otherwise, you need to shave it off before taking the picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
As you may already know, children of all ages need to have their own passports and visas when traveling, which is why you need to have their picture taken as well. Keep in mind that there are no significant differences between an adult’s passport photo and a child’s passport photo other than the fact that the child’s head can take less space in a picture. Here are some tips that should be of assistance when you want to take the photo of your child:
- The child has to be awake for the picture.
- All rules regarding the background apply to children as well. When photographing your child in a car seat, cover the backrest with a white sheet. If you want to take the picture from above while the baby is lying down, place a white layer underneath.
- You have to remove any foreign objects from the shot, such as pacifiers, toys, hats, etc.
- Keep in mind that only the child can appear in a passport photo or visa photo. So, if you decide to hold the baby, make sure that not even your hands are visible in the shot.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photos or visa photos with MyPassportPhotos is a lot cheaper than going to a photo studio. A Hungarian passport requires two pictures, and with MyPassportPhotos, you can get them for only $5.99, which is about 1829 HUF. The fee slightly fluctuates due to exchange rate variations.
How to get Hungary Passport Photos or Hungary Visa Photos Online
The process of getting your passport photos with MyPassportPhotos is quite simple. Using a camera from your phone or tablet, take your photo. Just remember to follow all the rules and guidelines above. You can try multiple times if you do not like the picture. MyPassportPhotos will not charge you additionally.
When you have a picture that you like, you can submit it, and MyPassportPhotos will process it so that it is government compliant. Once that happens, you are given two choices:
- 1.You can download the picture so that you can print it yourself at home. However, you need photo-quality paper.
- 2.You can provide us with an address, and we will make sure that you receive the photos in as little time as possible.
For more information about MyPassportPhotos and the services we provide, do not hesitate to contact us.
Example of a correct photo