Are you an Icelandic citizen and you want to travel internationally soon? Then you probably need a passport. Applying for one means that you have to gather a few documents and fill in an application form. Then, you have to submit them to the issuing authority. As you will notice, you will also have to provide 2 passport photos, and that is something iVisa Photos can help you with. Just take your photo at home, and iVisa Photos will turn it into a government compliant passport photo.
You should also take a look at iVisa.com. They specialize in electronic visa applications. So, if you happen to qualify for an electronic visa, iVisa ensures a smooth and fast online application process.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Iceland Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While the Iceland passport photo requirements above are pretty clear, we would like to provide further information about some of them. In case you did not know, an inadequate passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection when it comes to passport application. To avoid that, please read the info we provided below.
- It is essential that you find the right environment in which to take your picture. You have to take your photo against a white background that has no colors or shadows on it. A white wall is more than adequate, but if you do not have one, just take a white sheet and hang it on the wall.
- To achieve the best possible exposure of all your facial features, you have to place the camera at eye level. Your head must be straight. Since both sides of your face must be equally visible, you cannot tilt or rotate your head in any direction. Needless to say, a portrait-style photo will be rejected.
- The only acceptable facial expression in a passport photo or visa photo is neutral. You should not smile, frown, squint, or raise your brows. When taking the picture, relax your face.
- It is very important that your eyes are perfectly visible in your passport photo or visa photo. They should not be obscured by your hair or glasses. If the frames of your eyeglasses are too large, take them off for the photo. If you must keep them on, make sure there is no glare in the picture. As you can imagine, you cannot appear in your passport photo wearing sunglasses or eyeglasses that have tinted lenses.
- The source of light should be positioned right in front of you so that it does not create shadows on your face. Make sure that it has the right intensity too.
- Usually, it is not acceptable to have your head covered when taking your passport photo or visa photo. However, if your religion dictates that you keep your head covered at all times, you can appear in the picture with headwear. Just make sure that your face is visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin, and that the headwear does not cast shadows on your face.
- If your beard represents your everyday likeness, you do not have to shave it before taking your picture. Any changes you have in mind regarding your beard must be made before taking the photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
As you probably already know, children must hold their own travel documents. So you have to get passports and visas for them too if you want to travel together. The only difference worth mentioning between a child’s passport photo and an adult’s passport photo is that the child’s head can take less space in the picture. Here are some tips that may help you in the process of taking a picture of a child:
- Children’s eyes must be visible as well, so make sure that your child has their eyes open during the photoshoot.
- If you want to put your child in a car seat to take their picture, make sure to cover the backrest of the chair with a white layer.
- If you want to photograph your baby from above while he/she lays on their backs, you have to place a white sheet underneath. All background rules apply to children as well.
- Only the child can appear in a passport photo or visa photo. Not even your hands can be visible if you decide to hold the baby during the photoshoot.
- Remove the child’s headwear, pacifier, toys, etc. from the shot.
Price and Cost
Going to a professional photo studio to get your passport photo or visa photos is not the cheapest ordeal. However, iVisa Photos practices some of the most competitive prices on the market. For an Iceland passport, you need two passport photos, and iVisa Photos can give them to you for only $5.99, which is about 804 ISK. The price may be slightly different on the day of your purchase due to exchange rate fluctuations.
How to get Iceland Passport Photos or Iceland Visa Photos Online
The process of getting your passport photo or visa photos with iVisa Photos cannot be more accessible. Just take a camera and take your picture following the rules and guidelines above. Most people use a smartphone or a tablet. Whichever has a better camera.
If you do not like the first photo you take, keep in mind that iVisa Photos does not charge you for an additional attempt. We want you to love the picture in your passport. As soon as you are pleased with a photo, you have to submit it, and iVisa Photos will take care of it so that it is government compliant. Then, you are presented with two options:
- 1.Download the photo to print it yourself at home. You need photo-quality paper, though.
- 2.Provide us with your home or work address, and we will mail the photos to you.
If you need more information about iVisa Photos and the services we provide, do not hesitate to contact our customer support.
Example of a correct photo