As an Irish citizen, you need to apply for an Irish passport if you want to travel outside the European Union, but getting one is not a difficult task. You must put together a few documents, fill in an application, and then submit them all at the issuing authority. You also need to submit 4 passport photos, and with iVisa Photos, you can get them from home. That way, you can avoid a trip to a professional photo studio.
You may also need a visa depending on where you plan on traveling, which is why you should take a look at our website. If you happen to qualify for an electronic visa, iVisa facilitates the online application process so that you can obtain the travel document you need with minimal effort.
Here are the general Ireland passport photo requirements:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit can be in color, but black and white photos are accepted as they are printed in black and white
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Your ears should appear in the photo
- The picture must not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Dimensions and size (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 4
Ireland Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Ireland Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
We know that we already listed the Ireland passport photo requirements above, but we feel that it is necessary to expand on a few of them. The more you know, the more chances of success you have in getting your passport. You probably do not know this but failing to procure an adequate passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection.
- As mentioned in the list below, the background of the photo has to be plain white. It cannot include patterns or shadows, which is why a white wall is recommended. However, if you happen to not have a white wall in your home, feel free to use a white sheet. Just hang it somewhere, and the result will be the same. Make sure that it is not see-through.
- When you want to take the photograph, place the camera at your eye level. You need to keep your head perfectly straight. Do not tilt or rotate it. Both sides of your face must be equally seeable, which is why portrait-style photos will be rejected.
- You cannot appear in your passport photo or visa photo smiling. In fact, no facial expression is acceptable other than neutral. To achieve the best result, please relax your face when you are capturing the picture.
- When you are ready to take your passport photo, look straight into the camera, and keep your eyes fully open. Your eyes have to be perfectly discernible. Nothing can obscure them, such as your hair or glasses. If you do wear your glasses, make sure that there is no flash reflection in the photo. Obviously, you cannot wear sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinted lenses in your passport photo or visa photo.
- When you choose the right environment, you must also pay attention to the lighting. It cannot be too bright or too dark. Plus, you should choose a source that is in front of you so that there are no shadows on your face in the picture.
- Headwear is usually unacceptable. You cannot appear in your passport photo wearing a hat. However, if your religious beliefs compel you to have your head covered, you can keep the headwear for the picture. Nevertheless, it must not cast shadows on your face, and your face has to be visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. No other exceptions are permitted.
- If your beard is a part of your everyday appearance, you can keep it for your passport photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children need to have their own travel document, which is why you must apply for passports for them as well in case you want to travel together. Taking their picture is iVisa Photos is possible, and the tips below should be of help.
- The passport photo of a child is similar to the picture of an adult. However, since children have smaller heads, it is quite obvious that a child’s head can occupy less space in the passport photo.
- A lot of parents place the child in a car seat to take their passport photo. If you want to do the same, remember to cover the backrest with a white sheet to achieve the necessary white background.
- Some people prefer to photograph their children from above. If you want to do the same, place the baby on their back, but remember to put a white layer underneath.
- You have to remove the baby’s pacifier, toys, headwear, etc.
- Children must be awake when you take their photo.
- If you want to hold the infant for the passport photo, you cannot appear in the picture at all, you could wear a white shirt and make sure that your hands are not visible at all.
Price and Cost
As you are about to learn, getting your passport photos or visa photos with iVisa Photos is incredibly affordable. An Irish passport requires 4 photos, and iVisa Photos can give you the set for only $8.99. That is approximately 8 Euros. It actually depends on the day of your order. Exchange rates fluctuate, but it is somewhere around 8 Euros.
How to get Ireland Passport Photos or Ireland Visa Photos Online
The online process of getting your passport photo with iVisa Photos is quite simple. With a camera from a phone or tablet, take your picture following all the guidelines we discussed above. It is okay if you do not like the photo. You can take another one, and iVisa Photos will not charge you extra.
After you manage to take a photo you are pleased with, you can submit it to iVisa Photos. You can either e-mail it or upload it directly. Then, we will process it, and you will get two choices:
- 1.Download it to print it yourself. Just do not forget that you need photo-quality paper.
- 2.Provide us with an address, and we will send the photos to you.
For more information about iVisa Photos and the services we provide, feel free to contact our customer support service.