Obtaining your Latvia passport should not imply too much time and effort. You just have to put together some documents, go to the issuing authority, and fill in an application. You will also have to submit 2 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help you get them without having to go to a professional photo studio. Just take your picture at home, and iVisa Photos will turn it into a government compliant passport photo.
You may also need a visa for your trip, in which case we recommend our website. With their help, you can find out if you are eligible for an electronic visa, and if you are, iVisa provides a fast and smooth online application process.
- Photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo you submit must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- The picture should not be blurry
- Glasses: only acceptable if they do not cover your eyes
- Headgear: as a rule, no. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: avoid white clothes
- Beard: it is allowed only if it shows your everyday look
- Quantity needed in application: 2
Latvia Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Latvia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Although we already provided you with the Latvia passport photo requirements, we believe that it is best to offer more information about a few of them. We want you to avoid rejection at all costs, and more details can save you a lot of trouble.
- Picking the right environment in which to take your picture is one of the first things you have to do. As mentioned above, you need a white background. Patterns and shadows are not acceptable. Most people use a white wall. If, however, you lack a white wall in your home, you can take a white sheet that is not see-through and hang it somewhere. The problem is fixed.
- You must position the camera at the right angle and placing it at eye level is the best possible option. You must keep your head perfectly straight when you take the picture. Keep in mind that both sides of your face must be equally visible in the photo, so portrait-style pictures will be rejected.
- When you take your passport photo or visa photo, keep in mind that you cannot smile. In fact, the only acceptable facial expression is neutral. To achieve that, relax your face when you take the photo.
- You are asked to look straight into the camera because the eyes must be perfectly discernible. They should not be covered by your hair or glasses. In case you keep your eyeglasses on, you have to make sure there is no glare in the picture. Flash reflection can distort the image. Also, it is mandatory to remove sunglasses and eyeglasses with tinted lenses for the passport photo.
- The light should not create shadows on your face, so the best solution is to find a source that is in front of you. You should also choose an intensity that is not too low or too high.
- Headwear is acceptable, but only as an exception. If your religion requires you to cover your head at all times, you can keep your headwear for the passport photo or visa photo. However, please make sure that your face is seeable from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead, and that the veil does not cast shadows on your face.
- Do you usually have a beard? Does it represent your everyday appearance? Then you can keep it for the passport photo or visa photo. However, if you plan on making any changes regarding your beard, you should do so before taking the picture. The photo has to depict your current likeness.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children are not exempt from having their own travel documents. So, if you want to take them with you on your trip, you must get them a passport and visa as well. With iVisa Photos, you can take their pictures too, and the tips below should be of assistance.
- Your child’s eyes must be visible in the photo, so make sure that he/she is awake when you take the picture.
- Only the child can appear in the passport photo or visa photo. If you want to hold your baby, make sure to wear a white shirt and keep in mind that not even your hands cannot appear in the shot.
- Photographing a child in a car seat is common, and if you want to do the same, remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet.
- If you want to lay your baby on his/her back and take the photo from above, do not forget to put a white sheet underneath to achieve the necessary white background.
- You have to remove the infant’s pacifier and headwear when you take the picture.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photos with iVisa Photos is not as costly as it would be if you went to a photo studio. In fact, our offer is one of the best on the market. You will need 2 passport photos for a Latvia passport, and you can get them from iVisa Photos for only $5.99. It is the approximate equivalent of 5.40 Euros.
How to get Latvia Passport Photos or Latvia Visa Photos Online
Choosing iVisa Photos to get your passport photos is an excellent idea, and you should not experience any difficulties while using our services. Here is what you need to do. With a camera from a phone or tablet, take your picture, making sure that you take into account all the rules and guidelines above.
Once you have a photo that you love, you have to submit it. You can do that via e-mail or direct upload on iVisa Photos’ website. We will process it so that the picture is government compliant, after which we offer you two options:
- Download the photo so that you can print it yourself at home on photo-quality paper.
- Give us your address to send the photos to you.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.