Before you plan your trip abroad, you are most likely required to apply for a Lesotho passport. The task at hand is not complicated, but you do have to meet a few requirements. Among those requirements, you will notice that you must submit 2 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help you get them from home. That way, you are no longer required to go to a photo studio to have them done.
Moreover, your trip abroad may also imply a visa, which is why we advise you to take a look at our website. If you happen to be eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa facilitates the online application process for you.
- Required size of the photo: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- The picture must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headgear: as a general rule, headwear is not permitted. Exceptions are made
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: wear clothes in contrast with the background
- Beard: allowed as long as it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Lesotho Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
We already provided you with the Lesotho passport photo requirements. Still, we want to make sure that you have at hand as much information as possible so that you enjoy a successful application process. That is why we will give you further details on some of the requirements above.
- It is not enough for the background to be white. It must also be pattern-free and shadow-free. Basically, it must be plain white. You could use a white wall in your house as a background. If you do not have one, feel free to take a white sheet and hang it somewhere in your home. The result is pretty much the same as long as the cloth is not see-through.
- The passport photo or visa photo you take must be taken from the perfect angle, which is why you should position the camera at eye level. Make sure to keep your head straight when you take the picture. Bear in mind that portrait-style photos are always rejected, so do not tilt or rotate your head.
- The only facial expression acceptable in your passport photo or visa photo is neutral. You are prohibited from smiling or making other faces. Just relax your face when you take the picture.
- It is crucial that your eyes are perfectly visible in your passport photo or visa photo. They should not be obstructed by anything, such as your hair or glasses. If the frames of your eyeglasses are discreet, you can keep the on, but make sure that there is no glare in the picture. Lastly, you cannot appear wearing sunglasses or glasses with tinted lenses in your passport photo or visa photo.
- The light in the environment in which you take your passport photo or visa photo must have a balanced intensity. You should pick a source that is in front of you so that there are no shadows on your face.
- Headwear is usually prohibited. Nevertheless, if you are bound by your religious beliefs to cover your head at all times, you are allowed to keep your headwear on. Just remember that your face must be visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin and that there should be no shadows on your face.
- You are not obligated to shave your beard before you take your passport photo as long as it represents your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Since children are required to have their own travel documents, you are going to have to apply for passports and visas for them as well if you want to travel together. With iVisa Photos, you can procure pictures for your kids too, and the tips below should be useful.
- Children’s eyes should be visible too, so make sure that they are awake when you take their pictures.
- You can take the passport photo of your child while sitting in a car seat. Plenty of parents choose this method. However, please make sure to cover the backrest of the char with a white cloth so that the background is white.
- When you decide to photograph your child from above while he/she lays on their backs, you must put a white sheet underneath.
- Only the baby can appear in the passport photo or visa photo. Not even your hands can be visible. Remember that if you want to hold the baby during the photoshoot.
- You must remove the baby’s pacifier and headwear for the passport photo. You should know that there are no significant differences between a child’s passport photo and an adult’s passport photo. Of course, a child has a smaller head, so it is natural for it to take less space in the picture.
Price and Cost
We are pleased to inform you that iVisa Photos practices some of the lowest prices on the market when it comes to passport photos and visa photos. In fact, chances are you will not find lower fees. For a Lesotho passport, you must get 2 pictures, and iVisa Photos is ready to give them to you for only $5.99, which is the approximate equivalent of 108.40 LSL.
How to get Lesotho Passport Photos or Lesotho Visa Photos Online
Now that you have the necessary information about the Lesotho passport photo requirements, we are going to instruct you on how to get the photos you need with iVisa Photos. The process is short and straightforward.
Using the camera from your phone or tablet, take your picture following all the rules and guidelines we discussed above. Once you have a photo that you are pleased with, you can submit to iVisa Photos for processing. We must make sure that the result is a government-compliant passport photo. Then, you will be presented with two options:
- 1.You have the choice of downloading the picture so that you can print it yourself.
- 2.You can give us your address, and the photos will make their way to you in the shortest amount of time possible.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.
Example of a correct photo