When you decide to take a trip abroad, one of the first things you have to consider is that you may have to get a passport. It depends on where you want to go. The process of acquiring a passport is not challenging, but you do need a few documents and to fill in an application. A Luxembourg passport also requires you to submit 2 passport photos, and that is what iVisa Photos can help you with.
In case you need a visa as well, you should check out our website. If you happen to qualify for an electronic visa, iVisa can assist you with the online application process so that you do not go through too much trouble.
The Luxembourg passport photo requirements you need to know about are as follows:
- The required size of the photo: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The picture must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headgear: as a general rule, headwear is not permitted. Exceptions are made
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: wear clothes in contrast with the background
- Beard: allowed as long as it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary for the application: 2
Luxembourg Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Luxembourg Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
If you believe that the information mentioned above about the Luxembourg passport photo requirements is not sufficient, we provided below further details about a few of them. It is essential that you have all the facts because an inadequate passport photo is one of the most frequent causes of rejection.
- Not only the background should be white, but it must also be patterns and shadows-free. Most people use a white wall they have around the house. In case your walls are not white, you can take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. It will do the trick, but only if it is not see-through.
- In order for your facial features to be perfectly visible, you need to position the camera at eye level. You should keep your head straight when taking the picture. Since both halves of your face must be equally visible, you cannot submit a portrait-style passport photo. It will be rejected.
- In your passport photo or visa photo, you cannot appear with a smile on your face. As a matter of fact, you cannot make any facial expressions other than neutral. Relax your face when you take the photo to achieve the best result.
- When you take your passport photo, look straight into the camera. Your eyes must be seeable. They cannot be obscured by anything, such as your hair or glasses. If the frames of your eyeglasses are discreet, you can keep them on when taking the picture, but make sure there is no flash reflection. Lastly, sunglasses and glasses with tinted lenses are not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo.
- The best thing you can do about the lighting is to choose a source that is in front of you. That way, there will be no shadows on your face. The intensity of the light must not be too high or too low, either.
- Headwear is usually not permitted when you take your passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, it is common knowledge that some people are obligated to have headwear at all times due to religious beliefs. If that is the case, you do not have to take off your headwear. Just ensure that your face is seeable from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead and from ear to ear. The headwear should not create shadows on your face either.
- If your beard represents your everyday appearance, you are allowed to keep it for your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you want to travel with your children? Then you need to apply for travel documents for them as well. With iVisa Photos, you can take their pictures too, and the tips below should help you with the process.
- Take the passport photo of your child when he/she is awake. The eyes must be visible.
- All background rules apply to children’s passport photos as well. With that in mind, when you photograph your child in a car seat, cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet so that the background is white.
- The same goes when you want to take the passport photo of your baby while he/she lays on his/her back and you take the picture from above. You must put a white layer underneath so that the background is white.
- If your baby has a pacifier or headwear, please take them off when you want to take the picture.
- Remember that only the child can appear in the passport photo or visa photo. So, if you want to hold the baby while someone else takes the picture, keep in mind that not even your hands can be visible.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photo with iVisa Photos is cheaper than going to a professional photo studio. In fact, it is less expensive than many other online passport photo services out there as well. For a Luxembourg passport, 2 passport photos are necessary, and with iVisa Photos, you can get them for only $5.99. That is the rough equivalent of 5.50 Euros, depending on the exchange rate on the day you want to make the purchase.
How to get Luxembourg Passport Photos or Luxembourg Visa Photos Online
Using the services provided by iVisa Photos is a piece of cake. All you need is a camera and a few minutes of your time. Most people use a smartphone or a tablet, but you can use whatever you think is more convenient.
Using the camera, you must take your picture, but you have to make sure that all the requirements we talked about previously are met. As soon as you have a photo you like, you need to submit it so that iVisa Photos can turn it into a government-compliant passport photo. After that, you will receive 2 options:
- 1.Download the passport photo so that you can print it yourself. You need photo-quality paper for that.
- 2.Send us your address, and we will ensure that the passport photos you need will reach you as fast as possible.
Do you have questions or concerns? Feel free to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.