If you wish to travel outside of Macedonia, you must first get a passport. The process should not take too long, but you must make sure that you have all the necessary documentation. A Macedonia passport requires, among other things, 2 passport photos, and with iVisa Photos, you can get them without having to leave the house. If you want to learn how that is possible, read the information we provided for you below.
Since we are talking about international travel, you may also be interested in the services provided by our website. iVisa can help you find out if you are eligible for an electronic visa, and if you are, they can help with the online application form.
The general Macedonia passport photo requirements are as follows:
- The required size of the photo: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- The picture must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headgear: as a general rule, headwear is not permitted. Exceptions are made
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: wear clothes in contrast with the background
- Beard: allowed as long as it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary for the application: 2
Macedonia Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Macedonia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Do you feel like you need more information about some of the Macedonia passport photo requirements above? Then you should read what we wrote below. Since an inadequate passport photo is one of the most common causes for rejection, we want you to have as much info at hand as possible.
- It is not enough for the background to be plain white. It must also not have any patterns or shadows on it. A lot of people use a white wall as a background, but if that is not an option for you because the walls of your house are colorful, you can take a white sheet and hang it on a wall, just make sure that it is not see-through.
- For the best possible exposure of all your facial features, you must place the camera at eye level. You have to maintain your head straight when you take your passport photo or visa photo. Keep in mind that both sides of your face must be equally visible, which is why submitting a portrait-style photo is not an option.
- Do not smile when you are taking your passport photo or visa photo. In fact, you should not adopt any facial expression. You should display a neutral expression. To achieve that, relax your face when you snap the picture.
- You are requested to look straight into the camera for your passport photo or visa photo. Your eyes must not be obscured by anything, such as your hair or eyeglasses. In case you have discreet glasses, you can keep them on for the picture, but only as long as there is no glare in the photo. Sunglasses and tinted lenses are prohibited in a passport photo or visa photo.
- Please make sure that the lighting is appropriate in the environment in which you want to take your picture. It should not be too dark or too bright. You should also go for a frontal source of light so that there are no shadows on your face.
- When you take your passport photo or visa photo, you are not allowed to have anything covering your head. If, however, your religion compels you to keep your head covered, you are allowed to have headwear in the picture. All you have to do is to make sure that your face is seeable from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. The headwear should not cast shadows on your face either.
- If you have a beard, you are not required to shave it off, but only as long as it represents your everyday look. Otherwise, you must shave it.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you plan on traveling with your children? Then you need to apply for a passport and visa for them as well. iVisa Photos can help you here too, and we even have some useful tips for you.
- When taking the picture of your child in a car seat, do not forget to cover the backrest with a white sheet. The background rules apply to children’s passport photos as well.
- For the same reason, you should put a white layer underneath your child if you want to take the passport photo from above while he/she lays on their backs.
- Your child must be awake when you take the passport photo.
- You are required to remove the baby’s pacifier and headwear for the picture.
- You should know that only the baby can appear in the shot. If you want to hold him/her, not even your hands can be visible.
Price and Cost
You will be pleased to learn that using iVisa Photos’ services to get your passport photos or visa photos is way cheaper than going to a photo studio. Moreover, our services are less expensive than the ones of our competitors. For a Macedonia passport, you will need 2 passport photos, and we are ready to give them to you for only $5.99. That is about 337.40 MKD. If the fee is slightly different on the day of your purchase, it is because of the exchange rate variations.
How to get Macedonia Passport Photos or Macedonia Visa Photos Online
Now that you have all the necessary information, you are ready to use the services provided by iVisa Photos, and we are going to instruct you on what you have to do. For starters, you need a decent camera. Most of our customers use a smartphone or a tablet.
When you are ready, you must take your picture following the guidelines we stated above. Once you have a photo that you love, it is necessary to submit it to iVisa Photos via e-mail or direct upload on the website. We will process it so that you end up with a government compliant Macedonia passport photo. You will then receive two choices:
- 1.Download the image to print it yourself, in which case you need to buy some photo-quality paper.
- 2.Provide us with your address, and we will send the passport photos to you as soon as possible.
For further information, do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support.