Getting a passport is a significant responsibility, which is why you must be very careful to provide the issuing authority with the proper documentation. For a Malawi passport, you must put together a few documents, fill in an application form, and then submit them all together with 2 passport photos. With MyPassportPhotos, you can get those pictures without having to go to a professional photo studio. Instead, you can take your photo at home, and MyPassportPhotos will make sure that it is government compliant.
When you travel abroad, chances are that you need a visa as well, in which case we recommend iVisa.com. With their help, you can find out if you qualify for an electronic visa, and if you do, iVisa can facilitate the online application process.
The Malawi passport photo requirements are as follows:
- The required size of the photo: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The picture must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Recency: must be as recent as 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headgear: as a general rule, headwear is not permitted. Exceptions are made
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Attire, clothing, dress code: wear clothes in contrast with the background
- Beard: allowed as long as it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary for the application: 2
Malawi Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
In case you did not know this, submitting an inadequate passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection when it comes to passport applications. That is why we feel we should provide further details on some of the requirements we listed below. Read carefully so that you enjoy a successful application process.
- First thing first, you must find the proper setting in which to take your passport photo or visa photo. As we mentioned above, the background of the picture must be white. Patterns and shadows are to be avoided too. If the walls of your house are white, then you should have no problem. However, if you do not, take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. The result is pretty much the same. Just make sure that the cloth is not see-through.
- When getting ready to take your picture, position the camera at eye level. That ensures the best possible angle. You must keep your head straight and face forward. Do not tilt your head. Do not submit a portrait-style photo because both sides of your face must be visible in the picture.
- Smiling is forbidden in your passport photo or visa photo. So is any other facial expression. You are required to display a neutral facial expression when you take the picture. Relax your face to achieve that result.
- Your eyes must be perfectly visible. Make sure that your hair does not obstruct them, and neither should your glasses. If you wear eyeglasses with clear frames, you can keep them on for the passport photo. You still have to check the picture for glare, though. Sunglasses and glasses with tinted lenses are not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo.
- When it comes to lighting, you have to make sure that it does not create shadows on your face, which is why we recommend a frontal source. Check the intensity too because over-exposure is not acceptable.
- Headwear is usually not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, if your religion does not allow you to have your head uncovered, you can keep your headwear on. What you need to know, however, is that your headwear must not cast shadows on your face. Also, your face has to be visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
- You are not required to shave your beard if it represents your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
When traveling abroad with your children, you have to apply for travel documents for them as well. Needless to say, you must take their pictures too. You can do that with MyPassportPhotos, and we even prepared a few tips for you.
- Children’s eyes must be visible too, which is why you should take the picture of your baby when he/she is awake.
- Remember that only the child can appear in the passport photo or visa photo. Not even your hands can appear in the shot.
- You are required to remove the baby’s pacifier and headwear when taking the photo.
- Photographing your child in a car seat means that you have to cover the backrest of the chair with a white cloth to achieve a white background.
- Placing the baby on his/her back to take the picture from above means that you have to put a white sheet underneath. Again, the background needs to be white.
Price and Cost
Going to a professional photo studio for your passport photos or visa photos can be quite expensive, which is why we think that you are going to love MyPassportPhotos’ offer. For a Malawi passport, you need two passport photos, and with MyPassportPhotos, you can get them for only $5.99. That is about 4,407 MWK, depending on the exchange rate on the day of your purchase.
How to get Malawi Passport Photos or Malawi Visa Photos Online
Now that you know all about the Malawi passport photo requirements, we are going to show you just how easy it is to use MyPassportPhotos’ services. All you need is a camera and a few minutes of your time. A lot of people use a phone or tablet, but you can use whatever you think best.
With the camera you have, take your photo. You just have to be careful to follow the guidelines above. As soon as you have a picture you are pleased with, you must submit it to MyPassportPhotos. You can do that via e-mail or directly on the website. Once we get it, we will process it so that you can get government-compliant passport photos. Then, you receive two options:
- 1.You have the option of downloading the picture. You have to print it yourself on photo-quality paper.
- 2.You can provide us with your address, and we can send the photos to you.
Do you have any questions regarding MyPassportPhotos and the services we provide? Feel free to contact us.
Example of a correct photo