As a Maldivian citizen, you must obtain a passport when you wish to travel to a foreign country. Applying for one is not a challenging task, although you must put together some documents and fill in an application form. A Maldives passport also requires a set of two passport photos, and that is something MyPassportPhotos can do for you. Instead of going to a photo studio, you can take your picture at home, and MyPassportPhotos will make sure that it is 100% government compliant.
An international trip may also involve a visa, which is why you should access iVisa.com. They can tell you whether you are eligible for an electronic visa or not, and if you are, iVisa ensures a smooth and fast online application process.
The Maldives passport photo requirements are listed below:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 1 (one) month
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: as a rule, it is not permitted. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Maldives Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While the list of Maldives passport photo requirements above is complete, we believe that more information is required about a few of them. After all, failure to produce an adequate passport photo is one of the most frequent causes of rejection, and we want you to avoid that at all costs.
- The first thing you have to do is to find the right spot in which to take your picture. We already mentioned above that the background of the photo must be white, but it should also be free of shadows and patterns. A white wall is ideal. However, not all of us have white walls, but you can easily fix that. Just take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. As long as it is not see-through, the result is the same as with the wall.
- The best angle is achieved when you hold your camera at eye level. You must keep your head straight and face forward. Bear in mind that both sides of your face must be equally seeable. Do not submit a portrait-style passport photo because it will be rejected.
- You are not allowed to smile in your passport photo or visa photo. You cannot smile or frown either. You are required to display a neutral facial expression, and the best way to achieve that is by relaxing your face when you take the photo.
- Look straight into the camera when you are taking your picture. It is crucial that your eyes are perfectly distinguishable. Remove your hair away from your face, and if your glasses have large, obstructive frames, take them off. Transparent eyeglasses are allowed but check for flash reflection. Also, you are not permitted to take your passport photo or visa photo wearing sunglasses or glasses with tinted lenses.
- When you choose the environment in which to take your passport photo, make sure that the lighting is appropriate. It should be a frontal source to avoid shadows on your face, and the intensity must not be too low or too high.
- You cannot take your passport photo or visa photo with your head covered. However, if your religion does not allow you to keep your head uncovered, you can take the picture with headwear on. The only two conditions are that your face must be visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin and that the headwear does not cast shadows on your face. No other exceptions are allowed.
- You are not required to shave your beard if it is a part of your everyday appearance.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you plan on traveling abroad with your children? Then you must already know that they need their own individual travel documents. Fortunately, with MyPassportPhotos, you can take their passport photos as well. We even have a few helpful tips for you.
- Take the passport photo of your child when he/she is awake because the eyes must be seeable.
- If you want to hold the child while someone else takes the picture, keep in mind that not even your hands can appear in the shot. Wear a white shirt to achieve the necessary white background.
- If the baby has headwear or a pacifier, please remove them before taking the picture.
- If you want to use the car seat method, do not forget to place a white sheet over the chair’s backrest.
- If you wish to put the baby on his/her back and take the photo from above, remember to place a white layer underneath.
Price and Cost
Same as most people, you probably do not want to spend too much money on a set of passport photos, do you? Professional photo studios often overcharge but getting your passport photos online with MyPassportPhotos is as cheap as it could possibly be. For a Maldives passport, you are required to submit 2 passport photos, and we can give them to you for only $5.99, which is about 92.20 MVR. The fee is approximate. It can differ due to exchange rate fluctuations.
How to get Maldives Passport Photos or Maldives Visa Photos Online
Now that we covered the Maldives passport photo requirements, we are going to instruct you on how to use the services provided by MyPassportPhotos. You are going to see just how easy it is.
With a camera from your phone or tablet, take your picture following all the rules we talked about above. It may take you several attempts to get it right, but MyPassportPhotos does not charge you additionally. We want you to love the picture you end up with. Once you have a photo you are pleased with, submit it for processing, and MyPassportPhotos will make sure that it is 100% government compliant. We will then give you two choices:
- 1.Download the photo. You can print it yourself at home.
- 2.Give us your address, and we make sure that the passport photos reach you as fast as possible.
For more information about MyPassportPhotos and our services, do not hesitate to contact our customer support service.
https://immigration.gov.mv/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/PhotoStandard_4_feb_20.pdf https://immigration.gov.mv/application/photo-standards/ https://www.maldivesembassy.jp/images/Passport/Passport-Photo-Guidelines.pdf
Example of a correct photo