In case you are planning a trip abroad, you may have to get a passport. It depends on where you are going. As a Maltese citizen, you can travel within the European Union only with an ID card, but if you want to travel outside of the EU, a passport is in order. Getting a Malta passport is not difficult, and iVisa Photos can help you get the passport photos without having to leave your house.
Since you are interested in international travel, you may need the services of our website. They specialize in electronic visas. So, if you happen to be eligible for one, iVisa ensures a fast and smooth online application process.
Here are the general Malta passport photo requirements:
- Required photo size: 40 mm in height and 30 mm in width
- The picture must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: as a rule, it is not permitted. Exceptions are made for religious purposes, but a signed statement is required
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Malta Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your passport photo at home is not difficult, but we want you to have at hand as much information as possible. After all, an inadequate passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection. To avoid that, read the details we provided below.
- Before taking your passport photo, you have to find the right spot in which to do it. We already stated above that the background of your picture must be white, but we should also mention that shadows and patterns are not acceptable either. A white wall is the best solution, but do not worry if you do not have one in your home. Just take a white sheet and hang it on the wall, and the result is the same. Just make sure that the cloth is not see-through.
- The lighting is just as important. Make sure that the intensity is not too high or too low. You should also go for a frontal source of light so that you do not end up with shadows on your face. That can potentially distort your facial features.
- The best possible angle is obtained when you hold the camera at eye level. Your head must be straight and keep your face forward. Do not rotate your head in any direction. Both halves of your face must be visible equally, which is why portrait-style photos are always rejected.
- The only permitted facial expression in a passport photo or visa photo is neutral. You cannot smile, frown, squint, or make any other face. Relax your face when you take the picture.
- One of the most important aspects of your passport photo is for your eyes to be perfectly seeable. Look straight into the camera when you take the picture. You should also make sure that your eyes are not covered by your hair or glasses. When wearing clear frames, check the photo so that there is no flash reflection. It is also worth mentioning that sunglasses and eyeglasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable in a passport photo or visa photo.
- You are not allowed to appear in your passport photo or visa photo with headwear. However, if you do so for religious or cultural reasons, you can keep it for the picture. A statement is necessary in that regard. But even if you leave your headwear on, your face must be seeable from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin and from ear to ear. The headwear should not cast shadows on your face.
- You are not compelled to shave your beard for your passport photo or visa photo as long as it represents your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
When you decide to travel with your kids, you have to acquire travel documents for them as well. Needless to say, you must take their pictures too, but iVisa Photos can help with that also. We even have a few useful tricks and tips for you below.
- Take the passport photo of your child when he/she is awake because the eyes must be distinguishable.
- If your baby has a pacifier or headwear, you are required to remove them for the picture.
- If you want to hold your baby while someone takes the passport photo, you cannot appear in the shot at all. Even your hands must be concealed.
- Taking your baby’s picture while he/she sits in a car seat is an excellent idea. It is more comfortable. However, you must cover the backrest of the chair with a white cloth to achieve the necessary white background.
- For the exact same reason, you have to place a white sheet underneath the baby if you want to photograph him/her from above in the lying down position.
Price and Cost
You will be pleased to learn that iVisa Photos’ services come at a very low price. For one thing, it is a lot cheaper than going to a professional photo studio. For a Malta passport, you will have to submit 2 passport photos. With iVisa Photos, you can have them for only $5.99. In Euros, that is about 5.50, but it depends on the exchange rate on the day when you make the order.
How to get Malta Passport Photos or Malta Visa Photos Online
Using iVisa Photos’ services is a piece of cake. All you will need is a decent camera, from a phone or tablet, and a few minutes of your time. With the camera, take your picture following all the rules and guidelines we talked about above. That is very important. When you succeed in taking a photo that you love, you must submit it to iVisa Photos. We will process it so that the result is a 100% government compliant passport photo.
After we process the picture you send us, we will provide you with two options:
- 1.You can choose to download the passport photo so that you can print it yourself. Just make sure to buy photo-quality paper.
- 2.You can give us your address, and we will make sure that the photos will reach you in the shortest amount of time possible.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us.
Example of a correct photo