The process of obtaining a passport requires a lot of attention on your part. You must gather a few documents, fill in an application, and then go submit all of them at the issuing authority. When you apply for a Mauritania passport, you are also asked to procure 2 passport photos, and with MyPassportPhotos, you can get them from home. You do not have to go to a photo studio anymore.
A trip to a foreign country may also involve a visa, which is why we think you should take a look at iVisa.com. Their specialty is electronic visas, and if you are eligible for one, iVisa provides a smooth and straightforward online application process.
Here are the general Mauritania passport photo requirements:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The photo must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: as a rule, it is not permitted. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Mauritania Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While the list of Mauritania passport photo requirements above is complete, we consider that further details are necessary. After all, you have to follow a series of guidelines when you take your own passport photo so that you do not experience rejection. Here is some additional information that will come in handy:
- When you choose the setting in which you take your passport photo, you have to keep in mind that you need a white background. It should not contain colors at all, patterns, nor shadows. A white wall is more than enough, but if you do not have access to one, you can use a white sheet. You can hang it somewhere, and if it is not see-through, you should be just fine.
- To achieve the ideal angle, please position the camera at eye level. You are required to keep your head straight and face forward. You are not permitted to tilt your head. Or rotate it. Portrait-style photos are always rejected because both sides of your face must be seeable equally.
- You cannot appear in your passport photo or visa photo making any facial expression other than neutral. Therefore, you cannot smile, frown, squint, or raise your brows. For the best possible result, relax your face when you take the picture.
- When you take your passport photo, you are needed to look straight into the camera. It is crucial for your eyes to be perfectly visible. If you have glasses with large frames or if your hair covers a part of your eyes, you must make sure that neither will stand in the way. If, however, you have a discreet pair of eyeglasses, you can keep them on for the picture. Just make sure that there is no flash reflection in the photo. Sunglasses and tinted glasses are not permitted in a passport photo.
- Make sure that the intensity of the light is not too high or too low. You should also make sure that there are no shadows on your face when you take the picture.
- You are not allowed to appear in your passport photo or visa photo with headwear. An exception is made for people who cover their heads for religious purposes. But even then, your face has to be seeable from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. The headwear must not create shadows on your face either.
- If you usually have a beard as a part of your everyday appearance, you are not obligated to shave it off for your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you want to travel with your children? Then you have to apply for passports for them too. MyPassportPhotos can help you with the photos. With that in mind, here are some tips you may find useful.
- A child’s passport photo and an adult’s passport photo are not that different. The only difference is that a child’s head can occupy less space in the picture because children’s heads are smaller.
- Children’s eyes must be visible in the passport photo as well, which is why you should take their picture when they are awake.
- Only the child can appear in the passport photo. If you want to hold him/her, make sure that not even your hands are visible.
- Lots of parents find it easier to photograph their children in a car seat. If you want to follow their example, cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet so that the background of the photo is white.
- If you think it is more comfortable to photograph the child from above while he/she lays on their backs, you have to put a white sheet underneath.
- You must remove a baby’s headwear or pacifier before taking the passport photo.
Price and Cost
When you go to a professional photo studio to have your passport photo taken, you spend quite a bit. However, if you take your picture at home with MyPassportPhotos, you will save some money. For a Mauritania passport, you need to submit 2 passport photos, and MyPassportPhotos is ready to offer them to you at the low price of $5.99. In MRU, that is about 223.
How to get Mauritania Passport Photos or Mauritania Visa Photos Online
The process of getting your passport photos online with MyPassportPhotos could not be simpler. With a camera from your phone or tablet, take your picture. Just be careful to follow all the rules we explained to you above.
You can try multiple times until you have a picture that you love. Once that happens, you must submit it to MyPassportPhotos via direct upload or e-mail. The choice is yours. We will process your photo so that you end up with a government-compliant passport photo. After we do that, you will be given two options:
- 1.Download the picture to print it yourself.
- 2.Send us your address, and we will make sure that the passport photos will reach you as soon as possible.
For more information about MyPassportPhotos and the services we provide, feel free to contact our customer support.
Example of a correct photo