Are you interested in applying for a Mauritius passport? Then perhaps you know what you have to do. iVisa Photos cannot help you with the application process because you have to go to the issuing authority and submit an application. What we can do for you is to help you with the passport photos necessary for the process. You will need two of them, and with [MyPassportPhotos], you can get them without leaving your house.
International travel involves a visa most of the time too, which is why we recommend our website. If you find out that you are eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa ensures a fast and effortless online application process so that you do not go through too much trouble.
Here are the Mauritius passport photo requirements you should know about:
- Required photo size: 45-50 mm in height and 35-40 mm in width
- The photo must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: as a rule, it is not permitted. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Mauritius Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your picture at home is not a complicated task. You must, however, take into account the rules and guidelines dictated by the government. We want to keep you informed so that you manage to take a government compliant passport photo all by yourself. Here is what you need to know:
- The background of the photo must be plain white. Moreover, it cannot contain patterns and shadows. Most people use a white wall they have in their homes, but it is okay if you do not have one. The solution is to hang a white sheet on a wall, and you are good to go. You just have to make sure that the cloth you are using is not see-through.
- When you are getting ready to take the photo, place the camera at eye level. That way, you secure the best possible angle. You are required to keep your head straight and your face forward. Do not tilt your head. You cannot rotate it either. You cannot submit a portrait-style photo because it will be rejected. Both sides of your face must be visible equally.
- You are not permitted to smile in your passport photo or visa photo. As a matter of fact, the only acceptable facial expression is neutral.
- Look straight into the camera when taking the picture. It is mandatory for your eyes to be clearly visible. Nothing can obscure them. So, remove your hair away from your face, and if your glasses have large frames, you must take them off. If your glasses are discreet, you can keep them on as long as there is no glare in the picture. Also, sunglasses and tinted lenses are not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo.
- The light in the environment in which you wish to take the picture must not be too bright or too dim. You should also make sure that the light does not create shadows on your face. A frontal source is the best way to go.
- Headwear is allowed only for people who have it on for religious purposes. Keep in mind that if you are in this situation, you must ensure that the headwear does not create shadows on your face. At the same time, your face must be seeable from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin.
- It is not mandatory for you to shave your beard if it is a part of your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Since children must travel holding their own individual travel documents, you are going to have to take their pictures too. You can do that with iVisa Photos, and we even prepared a few tips for you.
- An adult’s passport photo and a child’s passport photo are very similar. The only difference is that a child’s head can take less space in the picture.
- Your child must be awake during the photoshoot so that the eyes are seeable.
- You are required to remove the baby’s headwear and pacifier before taking the picture.
- Only the child can appear in the photo. Not even your hands can appear in the shot.
- When taking the passport photo of your baby in a car seat, remember to put a white sheet on the backrest so that the background of the picture is white.
- If you lay the baby down to take the photo from above, remember to put a white layer underneath.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photos online with iVisa Photos is cheap. In fact, you will spend less money than if you go to a photo studio. For a Mauritius passport, you are required to submit 2 passport photos. When you obtain them with iVisa Photos, you will pay only $5.99 for them. That is approximately 237.40 MUR, depending on the exchange rate on the day you want to make the order.
How to get Mauritius Passport Photos or Mauritius Visa Photos Online
Have you ever used an online passport photo service? If not, we are here to assure you that you should not experience any difficulties. Besides, if you have more questions about the process, you can contact iVisa Photos’ customer support. Using the camera from a phone or tablet, take your picture following all the rules and guidelines we explained above. After you succeed in taking a photo that you are satisfied with, submit it to iVisa Photos via e-mail or direct download on the website. We will process it so that you can get a government-compliant passport photo. After the processing is done, we present you with two options:
- 1.You download the picture so that you can print it yourself.
- 2.You give us an address, and we will send the passport photos to you.
Example of a correct photo