Are you planning a trip outside the Federated States of Micronesia? Then you already know that you need a passport in order to leave the country. Fortunately, the document is relatively easy to obtain. You must apply at the issuing authority after you put together all the required documents. As you probably already know, you also need 2 passport photos, and that is something iVisa Photos can assist you with. You can take your picture at home, and we will process it so that you end up with a government compliant passport photo.
A trip to another country may also entail a visa. If that is the case, you should check out our website. If you happen to qualify for an electronic visa, iVisa will help you with the online application process.
The Micronesia passport photo requirements are as follows:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 30 mm in width
- The photo must be in color
- Head position: keep your head straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Do not submit a blurry passport photo
- Glasses: acceptable in certain circumstances
- Headwear: as a rule, it is not permitted. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear a white shirt
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Micronesia Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Micronesia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
When you decide to take your passport photo at home, it is not enough to know the Micronesia passport photo requirements we listed above. You also need to know the rules and guidelines that you must follow, and that is precisely what we are going to explain below.
- First, you must pick the right environment in which you can take a valid passport photo. As we already mentioned above, the background of the picture must be plain white. It cannot contain patterns and shadows, either. To make things simple, you can use a white wall within your house. But not all people have white walls. If that is the case, take a white sheet that is not see-through, and hang it on a wall. You will achieve the same result.
- It is important for you to capture the passport photo from the right angle, which is why you must position the camera at eye level. Your head must be straight and your face forward. Do not rotate your head in any direction because both sides of your face must be equally visible. Portrait-style photos are rejected.
- Do not smile when you take your passport photo or visa photo. It is not permitted to display any facial expression other than neutral.
- Your eyes should be targeted straight at the camera when you take your passport photo or visa photo. We cannot stress enough the importance of this. Your eyes must not be obscured by anything. If you wear glasses, make sure that there is no flash reflection in the picture. If the frames of your eyeglasses are too large, take them off. You cannot take your passport photo or visa photo wearing sunglasses or tinted lenses.
- When you take your passport photo or visa photo, choose a source of light that is in front of you so that there are no shadows on your face. Make sure the intensity is right as well.
- Headwear is prohibited in a passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, if your religion does not allow you to walk around with your head uncovered, you can keep your headwear on. Even so, be careful so that it does not cast shadows on your face. Your face must be seeable from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your head.
- If your beard represents your everyday appearance, you are not obligated to shave it off for your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Did you know that if you decide to travel with your children, you must apply for passports and visas for every single one of them? Lucky for you, with iVisa Photos, you can procure photos for your kids too. Here are some tips to help you out:
- When taking the passport photo of your child in a car seat, cover the backrest with a white sheet.
- If you want to photograph your child from above while lying down, do not forget to place the child on a white sheet. All background rules apply to children as well.
- The child has to be awake when you take the passport photo or visa photo. The eyes must be distinguishable.
- You have to remove the baby’s headwear. The same goes for his/her pacifier and toys. Nothing can appear in the shot except for the child.
- If you want to hold the baby while someone else is taking the photo, make sure to wear a white shirt. You should also know that your hands cannot be seen in the picture.
Please note that there are no significant differences between a child’s passport photo and an adult’s passport photo other than the fact that a child’s head can take less surface area in the picture.
Price and Cost
iVisa Photos takes great pride in the fact that we can offer what you need without you having to spend too much money. In fact, we practice some of the lowest prices on the market, but we offer high quality. For a Micronesia passport, you will have to provide 2 passport photos, and we can give them to you for only $5.99.
How to get Micronesia Passport Photos or Micronesia Visa Photos Online
Now that you know the essentials when it comes to the Micronesia passport photo requirements, we are going to instruct you on how to use iVisa Photos’ services. It is not a challenging task, and you should be done in no time.
With a decent camera, take your picture. Just make sure to take into consideration all the rules we explained above. As soon as you take a picture that you love, you have to submit it to iVisa Photos. You can do that either via e-mail or upload it directly on our website. The choice is yours.
Once iVisa Photos processed it so that it is 100% government compliant, we will give you two choices:
- 1.Download it to print it yourself.
- 2.Give us your address so that we can send the passport photos to you.
Do you have questions or concerns? Do not hesitate to contact us.