The citizens of Palau are required to hold a passport when they want to travel to a foreign country. If you already have a valid Palau passport, then you are good to go. However, if you do not, you have come to the right place. While MyPassportPhotos cannot help you with the actual application process, we can help you take the necessary passport photos at home. This should spare you some time and energy by avoiding a photo studio.
While here, you may also want to check out iVisa.com. Their job is to help you with the online application process for an electronic visa. Provided that you happen to be eligible for one. It depends on where you plan to go.
The general Palau passport photo requirements are down below.
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- Colored pictures are necessary. Not black and white.
- Head position: your head straight must be straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Blurry photos are rejected
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: allowed if it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 1
Palau Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While the information below is complete, you will need some additional details regarding the rules and guidelines that govern a valid passport photo. Remember that failure to submit an adequate passport photo is one of the most common causes of rejection, and we want nothing more than for you to avoid that. Here is what you should know before you take your own passport photo or visa photo:
- We already stated that the background of your passport photo must be white. However, it should not contain shadows and patterns either. The ideal situation is for you to take your picture against a white wall. If one is not available, take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. It will work just fine.
- In your passport photo or visa photo, you cannot appear with shadows on your face, which is why a frontal source of light is the best. Make sure that the light is not too bright or too dark, either.
- When you are ready to take your passport photo, keep your head straight. Your face must be forward. You are not allowed to tilt or rotate your head in any direction. Portrait-style photos will not be accepted.
- It is forbidden to smile or make any other facial expressions when you take your passport photo or visa photo. Maintain a neutral expression during the photo session.
- Your eyes cannot be obscured by anything. Glasses are acceptable only if they have clear frames. Even so, make sure to check the picture for flash reflection. Needless to say, you cannot wear sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinted lenses when you take your passport photo or visa photo.
- Headwear is not acceptable in a passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, you can keep it on for religious or cultural purposes. You just have to be careful so that your face is perfectly distinguishable from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead. No shadows should be on your face due to your headwear.
- You do not have to shave your beard is that is how you look every day. The passport photo or visa photo should reflect your day-to-day appearance.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you want to travel with your children? Then you should be aware of the fact that they need to have their own passports and visas. Fortunately, MyPassportPhotos can help you get photos for them as well, and the tips below should be of some assistance.
- Photograph your child when he/she is awake. The eyes must be clearly seeable.
- Photographing your child in a car seat means that you have to cover the backrest of the chair with a white layer. The white background is necessary for kids too.
- For the exact same purpose, please place a white sheet underneath the child if you want to put him/her on his/her back. This applies when you want to take the picture from above.
- If you're going to hold your baby while someone else is taking the passport photo, remember that not even your hands can be in the shot. Only the child can appear in the picture.
- Headwear, pacifier, and other objects must be removed from the shot.
Price and Cost
When you decide to use the services of a professional photo studio to get your passport photos, you will spend quite a lot more. But with MyPassportPhotos, you can get the pictures you need for an unbelievably low price. A Palau passport requires 1 photo, and MyPassportPhotos is prepared to give you a set of 2 for only $5.99. you will not find a better offer than this.
How to get Palau Passport Photos or Palau Visa Photos Online
Since we already covered the information, rules, and guidelines, we are not going to tell you what using MyPassportPhotos entails.
You will need a decent camera from a smartphone or a tablet. Use it to take your picture, taking into account all the rules and tips we already provided. Once you have a photo that you love, you can submit it to MyPassportPhotos. You can send it via e-mail or upload it directly to our website. Whichever is more convenient. MyPassportPhotos will then process your picture so that you can receive a government-compliant passport photo. We will then provide you with two options:
- 1.Download the photo to print it yourself.
- 2.We will send you the photos if you give us your address.
Do you have questions or concerns about MyPassportPhotos? Feel free to contact our customer support service.
Example of a correct photo