When you start planning your trip to a foreign country, you have to make sure that you have the proper documentation. Chances are that you must obtain a Peruvian passport. Getting one is not a complicated task, although it takes some time. You must also meet a few requirements, among which you find that there are 2 passport photos. With MyPassportPhotos, you can get them from home. It is easier and more convenient than going to a professional photo studio.
You may also want to look into iVisa.com if you wish to travel abroad. That way, you can apply online for your visa if you are eligible for an electronic one. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast online application process.
The general Peru passport photo requirements are listed down below.
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- Colored pictures are necessary. Not black and white.
- Head position: your head straight must be straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Blurry photos are rejected
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: allowed if it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Peru Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Now that you are familiar with the Peru passport photo requirements, we are going to provide you with some rules and guidelines. You have to follow them so that you can take an adequate passport photo at home. Keep in mind that if you do not comply, your picture will be rejected.
- It is necessary that you take the picture against a white background. You could use a white wall as a prop, but don’t worry if you do not have access to one. Just find a white sheet and hang it on a wall. As long as it is not see-through, you should get the same result.
- The environment in which you decide to take your picture must have appropriate lighting. It cannot be too bright or too dark. Plus, make sure that the light is in front of you when you take your photo. You cannot appear with shadows on your face.
- When taking the picture, keep your head straight and your face forward. Do not submit a portrait-style photo because it will be rejected.
- You are not supposed to smile in your passport photo or visa photo. Nor can you make other facial expressions. The only acceptable facial expression is neutral.
- In your passport photo or visa photo, your eyes must be perfectly distinguishable. If you wear glasses, it is preferred that you take them off. However, if you keep them on, check the photograph for glare. Lastly, you cannot wear sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinted lenses in your passport photo or visa photo.
- Headwear is usually not acceptable. Nevertheless, if you cover your head for religious reasons, you are allowed to keep it. What you must make sure, though, is that the headwear does not create shadows on your face. Also, your face must be visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
- It is not compulsory to shave your beard before taking your passport photo or visa photo if it represents your everyday likeness.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Since children must carry their individual travel documents, you are going to have to photograph them too. You can do that with MyPassportPhotos. Below, we prepared a few guidelines to help you out.
- Children must be photographed when they are awake so that their eyes are visible.
- Remember that only your child can appear in the shot. If you have an infant who you want to hold during the photo session, you must conceal your hands.
- Please remove your baby’s pacifier and headwear before taking the picture.
- Do you want to put your child in a car seat when you take the passport photo or visa photo? While it is more comfortable, remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white layer.
- Photographing an infant from above while he/she is in the lying down position is quite common. If you want to do the same with your child, do not forget to place a white sheet underneath to achieve a white background.
Price and Cost
When was the last time you went to a photo studio to get your passport photos? It can be quite expensive, so why would you do that when there is a cheaper and more convenient alternative? For a Peru passport, you will need 2 photos, and MyPassportPhotos can get them for you for only $5.99. In your local currency (PEN), that is about 20.20.
How to get Peru Passport Photos or Peru Visa Photos Online
The online process of getting your passport photos or visa photos with MyPassportPhotos is not at all challenging. As long as you have a decent camera, you are good to go. Use your camera to take your picture. All you have to remember in the process is to follow the rules and guidelines we provided for you earlier. Once you have the right photo, you have to submit it to MyPassportPhotos so that we can process it. As a result of the processing, you will receive a government-compliant passport photo or visa photo.
After we process your request, we will give you two options. You can either download the picture to print it yourself, in which case you must buy some photo-quality paper. Or, you can give us your address, and we will send the photos to you. It is as simple as that.
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding the services provided by MyPassportPhotos? Then please contact our customer support.
Example of a correct photo