First, you grab a friend or a tripod. Pick a location inside, along a bare wall with good lighting and a white wall. Add additional lighting sources like a ring light or a ray of sun. Clear up space on your phone, block-off at least two hours in your day and snap picture after picture.
You're trying to capture the right photo for your passport.
Your passport photo is your personal brand. It's the first thing that customs agents look at to determine if you are you! Like a business logo, it's important to get it just right.
The trouble is, most of us get these pictures at a local pharmacy where you don’t have the opportunity to make changes, and sometimes there can be a lack of patience at passport offices. That’s why iVisa.com is helping you take matters into your own hands. If you have not yet downloaded our Passport Photos App then start there, as this article is going to teach you how to print the perfect passport photos you create using the app.
Continue reading for more information on how to print photos for your passport, green card, visa or other identification form!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Make Sure To Get The Perfect Shot?
- Find your Light - Lighting is very important for the creation of a great ID photo. Make sure to take your photo in an open space with good lighting. Darkness in your photos creates shadows as well as reduces the quality of the photo. Grainy photos will not be accepted.
- Choose your Background - Make sure to position yourself along a white wall. If you have no white walls create a white backdrop that is smooth in texture and use that as the background for your passport photo.
- Pass The Camera - Use your tripod or a friend to take the picture for you. You'll need more distance than your arm can provide, and having the phone somewhere else prevents shakiness that can affect the quality of the photo.
What Delivery Methods Are Available for Receipt of my Photos?
iVisa.com offers three different options on for delivery of your pictures. This allows flexibility so that the delivery fits your needs. These options are as follows:
- Print - you may print the photos yourself from our website.
- Pick Up - this option allows you to have photos printed at your local pharmacy such as Walmart, CVS or even Walgreens. They should be available for pick up the next day.
- Delivery - the delivery method sends the pictures directly to your door. For US residents, this usually takes 4-7 business days. For non-US residents this may take 7-14 days for arrival.
Are There Certain Requirements I Should Follow When Taking The Picture?
How to print passport photos: General set of rules
There is a general set of rules that need to be followed when taking your own passport photos. Please note that although you may see photos that go against these rules, these general guidelines will help you decrease the chance of denial when submitting the pictures.
- Make sure to remove anything that obstructs your face as well as any headwear. This includes glasses, headpieces, and head coverings.
- Stand facing the camera directly and make sure that you are surrounded by the white background. Avoid shadows.
- Tilt your head slightly forward and poke your chin out somewhat.
- Stand straight with a natural expression. Please avoid smiles or any expression that changes your facial structure.
It's all very simple and possible through iVisa.com
Is It Safe To Use iVisa.com?
You can rest assured that iVisa.com takes every precaution to protect our customers’ information while utilizing our services or simply viewing our website. Feel secure with iVisa.com.
What Other Services Are Available through iVisa.com?
By searching through our website iVisa.com you can find resources for travel throughout the world. If perhaps you require additional help please utilize our chat feature or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Smile! Your passport photo is a snap away!