When you are in the process of planning your vacation abroad, you must pay attention to the travel documents you need. If you plan on traveling outside of the European Union, then you are required to get a passport. Applying for one is not at all difficult, and it does not take long. However, you need to meet a few requirements. Among them, you will see that a Romanian passport involves 4 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help you get them without leaving your house.
Depending on where you travel, you may also need a visa. Check out our website and learn whether or not you are eligible for an electronic visa. And if you are, iVisa can help you apply online with minimal effort.
The Romania passport photo requirements are listed below.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- Colored pictures are necessary. Not black and white.
- Head position: your head straight must be straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Blurry photos are rejected
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: allowed if it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 4
Romania Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
It is not enough to know the Romania passport photo requirements. When you take your picture at home, you have to be aware of some rules and guidelines. They will help you take an adequate passport photo that will not be rejected.
- The background of your passport photo or visa photo must always be white. To achieve it, position yourself against a white wall. There is no need for concerns if you do not have one. You could just as well take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. As long as it does not have patterns and it’s not see-through, you should be fine. Also, make sure that there are no shadows on your background.
- The lighting in the environment in which you take your picture is crucial. The light cannot be too bright or too dim. Also, the source of light should be right in front of you so that you do not end up with shadows on your face.
- In the passport photo or visa photo, you must appear with your head straight and your face forward. Do not tilt or rotate your head in any direction. You cannot submit a portrait-style photo.
- The only acceptable facial expression in a passport photo or visa photo is neutral. You cannot smile, frown, squint, or raise your brows. Relax your face to achieve the best result.
- In your passport photo or visa photo, your eyes cannot be obscured by anything. Remove your glasses and your hair away from your face. If you have clear frames, you can keep the eyeglasses on. Just check for glare after you are done. At the same time, keep in mind that you cannot wear sunglasses or tinted lenses in your passport photo or visa photo.
- As a rule, you cannot appear in your passport photo with your head covered. However, if you do that for religious purposes, you are allowed to keep your headwear. Even so, your face must be seeable from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin. Your face should also be clear of shadows.
- It is not mandatory to shave your beard for your photo session. As long as your beard represents your usual appearance, you can keep it.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
When you want to travel with your kids, you must get passports and visas for the too. But rest assured that you can take their photos with iVisa Photos. It will spare you the drama of going to a photo studio. Here are some tips you should know:
- You cannot photograph your child when he/she is asleep. His/her eyes must be visible in the picture.
- When taking the picture of an infant, you have to remove the pacifier and headwear before you take the photo.
- When holding the baby for the photo session, remember that no part of you can be visible. Not even your hands.
- Photographing a child in a car seat is pretty common. If you want to proceed like that, remember to put a white sheet on the backrest of the chair. The background has to be white.
- If you place your baby on his/her back to take the shot from above, do not forget to put a white layer underneath.
Price and Cost
Obtaining your passport photo or visa photos online with iVisa Photos is cheaper and more convenient than going to a photo studio. Besides, it saves a lot of time. For a Romania passport, you need a set of 4 pictures, and iVisa Photos will get them for you at the low price of $8.99. That is somewhere around 40.20 RON.
How to get Romania Passport Photos or Romania Visa Photos Online
Do you think you are ready to take your picture? Then all you need is a decent camera. Feel free to use your smartphone or tablet.
When you take your passport photo or visa photo, remember that you have to follow all the rules and guidelines we talked about above. After you manage to take a picture that you like, you have to submit it to iVisa Photos for processing.
As soon as we are done processing your image to make it 100% government-compliant, we will provide you with two choices:
- 1.Download the photo to print it yourself at home. Make sure to have photo-quality paper.
- 2.If you give us your address, we will make sure that the pictures reach you as soon as possible.
Do you need more information? Do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service. We will gladly address your concerns.
Example of a correct photo