Do you have to apply for a Samoa passport? Apart from a few documents, you also need 2 passport photos, and MyPassportPhotos can help you get them without leaving the house. Just take your picture, and MyPassportPhotos will turn it into a government-compliant passport photo.
Since you want to travel internationally, you may also need a visa, in which case we recommend iVisa.com. With their help, you can learn if you qualify for an electronic visa. And if you do, iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort.
The Samoa passport photo specifications are as follows:
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- Colored pictures are necessary. Not black and white.
- Head position: your head must be kept straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Blurry photos are rejected
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: allowed if it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Samoa Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your passport photo or visa photo at home is not like taking a selfie. There are a few rules you need to follow so that you end up with an adequate picture. Below, you will find a few guidelines that will help you.
- When you want to take your passport photo or visa photo, position yourself against a white wall. The background has to be white, free of patterns and shadows. If you do not have white walls, you can use a white sheet that is not see-through. The result is pretty much the same.
- Make sure that the light’s intensity is not too high or too low. Plus, the light must be in front of you so that you do not appear with shadows on your face. We all know that shadows can distort facial features.
- When you are ready to take the picture, make sure that your head is straight, and your face is forward. Please remember that both sides of your face must be equally visible, so do not rotate or tilt your head. Portrait-style passport photos are rejected.
- You are not allowed to smile in your passport photo or visa photo. The only acceptable facial expression is neutral, so relax your face when you snap the picture.
- The eyes must be perfectly visible in your passport photo or visa photo. Remove your hair away from your face and take your glasses off. If you wear prescription glasses, you can keep them on, but only if there is no glare in the photo. Needless to say, sunglasses and eyeglasses equipped with tinted lenses are not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo.
- Headwear is not allowed in your passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, if you cover your head for religious purposes, an exception is made. Just keep in mind that your face has to be seeable from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin. Also, there should be no shadows on your face created by your headwear.
- If your everyday appearance includes a beard, you are not compelled to shave it off before you take your passport photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Children need to have their own passports and visas, and MyPassportPhotos can help you acquire photos for them too. For that purpose, we compiled a few rules and tips that will help you.
- Photograph your child when he/she is awake. The eyes must be visible in children’s cases too.
- Do you want to photograph your child while he/she sits in a car seat? Great idea! It’s far more comfortable. However, don’t forget to cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet. The background still needs to be white.
- You may find it more comfortable to place the baby on his/her back and take the picture from above. If that is how you want to do it, please do not forget to put a white layer underneath the baby.
- You are required to remove the baby’s headwear and pacifier when you take the picture.
- You cannot appear in your baby’s passport photo or visa photo. Even if you want to hold your baby, you should not be visible at all.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photo or visa photo from home is far cheaper than going to a professional photo studio. Not to mention a lot more convenient. For a Samoa passport, you are required to submit 2 passport photos, and with MyPassportPhotos, you will spend only $5.99 for them. That is about 16.60 WST, depending on the exchange rate on the day of your order.
How to get Samoa Passport Photos or Samoa Visa Photos Online
Do you think you are ready to take your passport photo or visa photo at home? Then here is what you are supposed to do. You will need a decent camera. Most people use one from their phones or tablets. With that camera, snap your photo. Just remember to follow all the guidelines we discussed earlier.
If you do not, the picture you get is not acceptable. Once you have a picture that you like, you have to submit it to MyPassportPhotos for processing. You can do that via e-mail or directly on our website. After we are done processing the image, you will be given two options:
- 1.Download the processed image. You can print the photo at home as long as you have a printer and photo-quality paper.
- 2.Give us your address, and we will send you your pictures.
For further information, please feel free to contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support service.
Example of a correct photo