Did you know that when you apply for a Sao Tome & Principe passport, you must submit 2 passport photos along with a few other documents at the issuing authority? While iVisa Photos cannot help with the required documentation, we can provide government-compliant passport photos without you even leaving the house.
When planning a trip abroad, you may also need a visa. Depending on where you want to go, you may qualify for an electronic visa, in which case we recommend the services provided by our website. If you happen to be eligible for an eVisa, iVisa can facilitate the online application process.
The Sao Tome & Principe passport photo specifications are listed down below.
- Required photo size: 2 inches in height and 2 inches in width
- Colored pictures are necessary. Not black and white.
- Head position: your head must be kept straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: clearly visible
- Blurry photos are rejected
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: allowed if it represents your everyday likeness
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Sao Tome & Principe Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
While iVisa Photos can process your picture to make it 100% government compliant, you need to know that there are a few rules when it comes to taking your photo. Please follow them so that you end up with an adequate image.
- The background of your passport photo or visa photo must be white. Therefore, you have to take your photo against a white wall. If a white wall is not accessible to you, use a white sheet. Hang it on a wall and take your picture. Please make sure that the background does not have patterns or shadows on it.
- Always choose a frontal source of light so that you do not end up with shadows on your face. The intensity of the light should not be too high or too low, either.
- When taking the photograph, keep your head straight and your face forward. Both sides of your face must be equally visible, so do not rotate your head. If you submit a portrait-style photo, it will be rejected.
- Do not make any facial expressions other than neutral. You cannot smile, frown, raise your brows, or squint.
- Your eyes must be clearly visible in your passport photo or visa photo. Wearing prescription glasses is allowed, but only if the frames are discreet, and there is not flash reflection in the picture. As you can imagine, you cannot appear in your photo wearing sunglasses or glasses with tinted lenses.
- Headwear is usually not acceptable in a passport photo or visa photo. However, if you cover your head for religious purposes, you can keep it for the shot. What you should know is that even if you keep your headwear, your face has to be visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin. Also, the headwear must not cast shadows on your face.
- It is not mandatory for you to shave your beard for your passport photo or visa photo as long as it represents your everyday appearance.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Do you want to travel with your children? Then you need to apply for passports and visas for them too. You can take their pictures and submit them to iVisa Photos for processing. The tips below should prove to be useful.
- Children’s eyes must be visible, as well. Therefore, photograph your child when he/she is awake.
- You cannot appear in your child’s passport photo or visa photo. So, if you want to hold your infant during the photo session, you must conceal every part of you. Even your hands.
- You must remove your child’s headgear and pacifier.
- If you want to put the child in a car seat for comfort reasons during the photo session, please cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet. The background has to be white for children too.
- Some people choose to photograph an infant from above while the child is in the lying down position. If that is how you want to proceed, you must place a white layer underneath the child to achieve a white background.
Price and Cost
Getting your passport photo or visa photo from home with iVisa Photos’ help is not only more convenient, but cheaper too. For a Sao Tome and Principe passport, you are required to procure 2 pictures. If you use the services provided by iVisa Photos, you will spend only $5.99 on them. That is roughly 133.85 STN.
How to get Sao Tome & Principe Passport Photos or Sao Tome & Principe Visa Photos Online?
The process of getting your passport photo or visa photo online with iVisa Photos is not at all challenging. All you need is a decent camera. Lots of people use their smartphones or tablets.
When you take your picture, make sure to follow the rules we talked about above. As soon as you have a photo that you are pleased with, you must submit it to iVisa Photos. You can do that via e-mail or directly on our website. We will process the photo so that it’s 100% government compliant, after which we will give you two choices:
- 1.You can download the picture to print it yourself. You will need photo-quality paper for that.
- 2.If you provide us with your address, we will make sure that the photos will reach you as soon as possible.
For more details about iVisa Photos and the services we provide, please contact our customer support service.
Example of a correct photo