Applying for a Senegal passport is a process that implies a little bit of time and attention to detail. You must gather a few documents and go to the issuing authority to fill in an application. You will also need 2 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help you get them without having to go to a professional photo studio. All you have to do is to take your picture at home, and iVisa Photos will turn it into a government-compliant passport photo.
Since you are applying for a passport, you mean to travel to a foreign country, right? In that case, you may also want to access our website. Depending on where you are going, you may be able to apply for an electronic visa. iVisa’s job is to facilitate the online application process.
The Senegal passport photo requirements are as follows:
- Required photo size: 2 x 2 inches
- The pictures you submit must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured by anything
- Make sure that your passport photos are not blurry
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: make sure that your clothes are in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Senegal Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your own passport photo or visa photo at home is not complicated. However, there are a few guidelines you need to consider when you do that. Everything you need to know about that is below.
- A Senegal passport photo must be taken against a white background. The best possible solution is to find a white wall and use it as a background. If you do not have white walls in your house, you can use a white sheet that is not see-through. Keep in mind that patterns and shadows cannot appear in the photo, either.
- The environment in which you take your picture must have proper lighting too. The source must be in front of you so that you do not have shadows on your face. Plus, the intensity must be balanced.
- Your head must be straight and your face forward. Remember that both sides of your face must be visible, which is why you should not rotate your head in any direction. Submitting a portrait-style photo leads to rejection.
- Your mouth must be closed when you take your picture. Your teeth cannot be visible, which is why you cannot smile. Only a neutral facial expression is acceptable.
- Your eyes must not be obscured by anything, such as your hair or eyeglasses. If your glasses have clear frames and there is no glare in the photo, you can keep them on. However, sunglasses and tinted lenses are not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo.
- Headwear, as a rule, is not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo. However, if your religion does not allow you to have your head uncovered, headwear is permitted. Just make sure that your face can is visible from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin. Also, the headgear should not cast shadows on your face.
- As long as it represents your everyday appearance, you can keep your beard. However, any changes you want to make in that regard must be made before you take your picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
A child’s passport photo or visa photo is not that different from an adult’s passport photo. The only difference is that a child’s head is smaller. Therefore, it can take less space in the picture. Here are a few tips to help you take your children’s passport photos or visa photos.
- Keep in mind that your child must be photographed when he/she is awake because his/her eyes must be visible.
- Do you want to photograph your child in a car seat? Many parents do that for comfort. However, doing that means that you have to put a white sheet on the backrest of the chair because the background has to be white.
- One of the most common practices when it comes to photographing babies is to lay them on their backs and take the picture from above. When you do that, put a white sheet underneath.
- If you want to hold the baby, your hands cannot appear in the shot. Only the baby must be visible.
- You have to remove the baby’s pacifier and headwear before taking the passport photo or visa photo.
Price and Cost
The cost of getting your passport photos or visa photos online with iVisa Photos is lower than if you went to a photo studio. For a Senegal passport, you will need 2 pictures. With iVisa Photos, you will pay only $5.99 for them. That is approximately 3,627.50 XOF.
How to get Senegal Passport Photos or Senegal Visa Photos Online
Are you ready to take your own passport photo or visa photo? All you need is a decent camera. Most customers use a smartphone or tablet.
When you take your picture, please remember to follow all the rules we discussed above. Failing to do so leads to you repeating the process. After you have one photo that you are pleased with, you have to submit it to iVisa Photos. We will process it so that it’s government-compliant, after which we give you two options:
- 1.Download the image – you can print it at home on photo-quality paper.
- 2.Give us your address – we will make sure that the pictures reach you as fast as possible.
Do you need more information? Do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support.
Example of a correct photo