Do you plan on traveling outside Sierra Leone? Then you are most likely required to obtain a Sierra Leone passport. The process may take a little bit of time, but it’s not complicated. You must fill in a form and submit it to the issuing authority, together with a few documents. You are also needed to procure 3 passport photos, and iVisa Photos can help you get them from the comfort of your home.
A trip to a foreign country may also include a visa application process. You should check out our website and see if they can help you. Depending on where you want to go, an electronic visa might be available, in which case iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort.
The Sierra Leone passport photo requirements are listed down below.
- Required photo size: 4.5 cm in height and 3.5 cm in width
- The pictures you submit must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured by anything
- Make sure that your passport photos are not blurry
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: make sure that your clothes are in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 3
Sierra Leona Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Sierra Leone Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Learning to take your own passport photo or visa photo should not take too long. We prepared a list of the guidelines that will help you take an adequate passport photo or visa photo. Make sure to remember them all when you take your picture.
- You have to photograph yourself against a white background. That can be a wall or a sheet. As long as it does not have colors, patterns, and shadows on it, you are good to go.
- The source of light must be right in front of you. That will eliminate the possibility of appearing with shadows on your face. Also, make sure that the lighting is not too bright or too dark.
- When you are taking your picture, your head must be straight and your face forward. You are not allowed to rotate or tilt your head because both sides of your face must be equally visible. You must know that portrait-style pictures are not acceptable.
- The only permitted facial expression is neutral. Therefore, you cannot appear smiling, squinting, or raising your brows. Relax your face when you snap the photo.
- Make sure that your eyes are clearly visible. If you wear glasses, it is preferable to take them off. You can keep them only if the frames are clear, and there is no flash reflection in the photo. As you can probably imagine, sunglasses and tinted lenses are not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo.
- Headwear is generally not allowed in a passport photo or visa photo. However, if you cover your head for religious purposes, nobody is forcing you to take the headwear off. However, your face must be distinguishable from top to bottom, and whatever covers your head must not cast a shadow on your face.
- In case you usually have a beard, you are not required to shave it off for your passport photo or visa photo. As long as it represents your everyday appearance, you can keep it.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Taking a passport photo or a visa photo for your child should not be complicated either. Please note that a child’s passport photo and an adult’s passport photo are pretty much the same. The only difference is that a child’s head is smaller. Therefore, it can take less space in the picture. Here are some tips to help you out:
- The eyes must be visible for children as well, so please photograph them when they are awake.
- For more convenience, you can lay the baby on his/her back and take the picture from above. When doing that, remember to put a white layer underneath so that the background is white.
- You can also put the baby in a car seat to take the picture. If you want to proceed as such, please cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet to ensure a white background.
- You are required to remove the baby’s headwear and pacifier before taking the passport photo or visa photo.
- Only your baby can appear in the picture. So, if you decide to hold your child during the photo session, you have to conceal every part of you. Even your hands.
Price and Cost
When you decide to get your passport photo or visa photo online with iVisa Photos, you will see that you have to spend less money than if you were to go to a professional photo studio. A Sierra Leone passport requires 3 pictures. iVisa Photos can give you a set of 4, for which you will pay only $8.99. In Sierra Leone currency, that is about 8854 SLL.
How to get Sierra Leone Passport Photos or Sierra Leone Visa Photos Online?
Since you now have all the necessary information, you are probably ready to take your passport photo or visa photo. You don’t necessarily need a camera for that. You can just use the one from your smartphone or tablet.
Please bear in mind that it is crucial to follow all the guidelines we laid out for you above. Once you have a picture that you love, you have to submit it to iVisa Photos so that we can turn it into a government-compliant passport photo. After that, you get two options:
- 1.Download the photo to print it yourself. Remember to purchase photo-quality paper.
- 2.We can send you your pictures if you give us an address.
Do you have any questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.