As a Slovakian citizen, you do not need a passport when traveling to countries that are in the European Union. However, when traveling outside of it, a Slovakia passport is necessary. Getting one is not complicated, but you must go to the issuing authority and fill in an application. You also have to submit a few documents and 3 passport photos. iVisa Photos can help you with the picture.
Depending on where you want to go, you may also be required to apply for a visa. In that case, we recommend our website. If you happen to be eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa’s job is to help you get it with little to no effort.
The Slovakia passport photo requirements are as follows:
- Required photo size: 40 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The pictures you submit must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured by anything
- Make sure that your passport photos are not blurry
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: make sure that your clothes are in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 3
Slovakia Passport Photo Size Requirements Guide
Slovakia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
It is not enough to know the Slovakia passport photo requirements. You must also know how to take your own passport photo or visa photo so that you end up with a valid picture. Here are the guidelines you have to follow to make that happen:
- You are required to take your picture against a white background. You can use a wall or a white sheet that is not see-through. As long as there are no colors and patterns on it, you are good to go. Also, make sure that there are no shadows on your background.
- The lighting is often overlooked, but it’s a mistake. You must ensure proper lighting. For instance, it cannot be too intense or too dark, and the source of light must be in front of you. You cannot appear in your passport photo or visa photo with shadows on your face.
- You must keep your head straight and your face forward when you take your picture. Keep in mind that both sides of your face must be equally visible, so you cannot submit a portrait-style photo.
- Do not smile in your passport photo or visa photo. You cannot display any facial expressions other than neutral. Relax your face when you snap the picture.
- It is essential that your eyes are clearly visible. They cannot be obstructed by anything. If you wear glasses with clear frames, you can keep them on. Just check the photo so that there is no glare. Obviously, sunglasses and eyeglasses that have tinted lenses are not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo.
- Headwear is not permitted in a passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, if you keep your head covered for religious purposes, you can keep it on. What you must ensure, though, is that the headwear does not cast shadows on your face. Also, your face has to be perfectly seeable from top to bottom.
- Does your everyday appearance include a beard? If the answer is yes, then you are not required to shave your facial hair before taking your passport photo or visa photo.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
If you want to travel with your children, you must get travel documents for them too. Taking their picture is necessary, and we have a few tips for you that should be of help. Keep in mind that children’s passport photos and adults’ passport photos are pretty much the same. The only difference is that children’s heads can take less space in the picture.
- The rule that says the eyes must be clearly visible applies to children as well. So, take the photo when your child is awake.
- Most parents choose to photograph their infants in the lying down position. That way, they can take the picture from above. If you want to do the same, remember to place a white sheet underneath so that the background of the photo is white.
- When photographing your child in a car seat, remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white layer. Again, the background has to be white.
- You cannot appear in your baby’s passport photo or visa photo. Not even your hands can be visible. Make sure to conceal them if you want to hold your child during the photo session.
- The baby cannot appear in the passport photo or visa photo with headwear, a pacifier, etc. any object must be removed from the shot.
Price and Cost
When you get your passport photo or visa photo online with iVisa Photos, you will spend very little money. In fact, you will be charged less than if you were to go to a professional photo studio. For a Slovakia passport, you have to submit 3 pictures. iVisa Photos can give you a set of four at the low price of $8.99. That is about 8.20 Euros.
How to get Slovakia Passport Photos or Slovakia Visa Photos Online?
Now that you have the necessary knowledge, you have to take your picture. You can do that using the camera from your smartphone or tablet. Whichever is more convenient for you.
Please remember to follow all the guidelines we listed above so that you end up with a valid passport photo. Once you have a picture that you like, you have to send it to iVisa Photos via e-mail or direct upload on our website.
We will take care of it so that you end up with a government-compliant passport photo. After that, you will be given two options:
- 1.Download the photo to print it yourself.
- 2.Give us an address so that we can send you the pictures.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact iVisa Photos’ customer support service.