Are you interested in traveling outside the European Union? Then you must apply for a Slovenia passport. The application process is not a challenge, although you have to make sure that you meet a few requirements. You must go to the issuing authority, fill in an application, and submit some documents and 2 passport photos. iVisa Photos cannot help with the application process. What we can do, however, is to help you get the necessary pictures with minimal effort.
Since you want a passport, it’s safe to assume that you want to travel to a foreign country. Do you need a visa too? If so, our website might be able to help with that. Depending on the country you want to visit, you may qualify for an electronic visa, in which case iVisa can facilitate the online application process.
Down below, you are going to find the Slovenia passport photo requirements.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The pictures you submit must be in color or black and white
- Head position: straight
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Background: white or light blue
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must not be obscured by anything
- Make sure that your passport photos are not blurry
- Glasses: acceptable under certain conditions
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: make sure that your clothes are in contrast with the background
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Slovenia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Taking your own passport photo or visa photo should not be a difficult task. Nevertheless, know that there are a few rules and guidelines you have to follow so that you do the job right. Here is what you must take into account when you snap your picture.
- Since the background of your passport photo or visa photo must be white, you have to photograph yourself against a white wall. If you do not have a white wall, you can use a white sheet. As long as it is not see-through, you are good to go. Please note that shadows and patterns cannot appear either in your picture.
- When choosing a setting in which to take your picture, make sure that the lighting is appropriate. The light cannot be too bright or too dim. Also, the source should be right in front of you to eliminate the possibility of having shadows on your face.
- In your picture, you must appear with your head straight and your face forward. You cannot rotate your head in any direction because both sides of your face must be seen equally. Portrait-style photos are not permitted.
- Your teeth cannot be visible. Therefore, you cannot smile in your passport photo or visa photo. In fact, the only permitted facial expression is neutral.
- Your eyes must be perfectly visible in your picture. Remove your hair away from your face and take your glasses off. You can keep them on only if the frames are clear, and there is no flash reflection in the photo. Also, if you have sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinted lenses, you have to take them off.
- You cannot appear in your passport photo or visa photo with your head covered. However, if you are bound by religious beliefs to have headwear at all times, an exception is made for you. You still have to make sure that your face is visible from top to bottom, and that the headwear does not cast shadows on your face.
- It is not mandatory to shave your beard for your passport photo or visa photo as long as it represents your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
The rules above apply when you take the picture of your child too. The only difference is that a child’s head is smaller. Therefore, it can take less space in the photo. Aside from that, here are a few useful tips:
- Make sure that your child is awake when you take his/her picture. The eyes must be visible.
- Most parents choose to photograph their child from above while he/she is in the lying down position. It is a matter of comfort. However, when you do that, make sure that you put a white layer underneath to ensure a white background.
- If you choose to photograph your child in a car seat, please remember the white background rule. It still has to be white. In order to achieve that, you can cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet.
- You cannot appear in your baby’s passport photo or visa photo. Even if you decide to hold him/her, not even your hands can be visible in the shot.
- You must remove your infant’s headwear and pacifier before taking the photo.
Price and Cost
Acquiring your passport photo or visa photo online is not expensive at all. In fact, it is a lot cheaper than going to a professional photo studio. For a Slovenia passport, you are required to submit 2 photos. When you use the services provided by iVisa Photos, you pay only $5.99 for them. That is approximately 5.50 Euros.
How to get Slovenia Passport Photos or Slovenia Visa Photos Online
Are you ready to take your own passport photo or visa photo? Then you should know that all you need is a decent camera. You can use a smartphone or tablet if you do not have a camera.
Using the camera you have, take your picture. You have to make sure that you follow all the rules above. As soon as you have a photo that you love, you can submit it for processing. iVisa Photos will make sure that you get a government-compliant passport photo. After that, you receive two options:
- 1.Download the photo to print it yourself at home. Make sure that you have photo-quality paper.
- 2.We can send you your pictures if you provide us with an address.
Do you have any questions or concerns? Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. iVisa Photos’ customer support is at your disposal.
Example of a correct photo