In case you decide to travel out of Somalia, know that you are required to apply for a Somalia passport if you do not already have one. Doing so may take a few weeks, but the application process itself is not complicated. You must go to the issuing authority, fill in an application, and submit it along with a few necessary documents. You are also asked to provide 2 passport photos, and MyPassportPhotos can help you get them from home.
When we talk about international travel, a visa may be involved as well. Depending on where you plan to travel, you might be eligible for an electronic visa, in which case we recommend iVisa.com. They can help you go through a hassle-free online visa application process.
- Required photo size: 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The submitted photos must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Recency: taken no more than 6 months ago
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Blurred pictures will be rejected
- Glasses: acceptable only if they do not obscure the eyes and there is no glare in the photo
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: the colors of your clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Please note that you must write your name on the back of both pictures.
Somalia Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
The requirements above mean nothing unless you learn how to take an adequate passport photo or visa photo at home. We are here to help you with that. Below, you will find the rules and guidelines that should help you take a good picture.
- When you are getting ready to take the passport photo or visa photo, position yourself in front of a white wall. The background of your picture must be white. If a white wall is not accessible to you, take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. Make sure that there are no colors, patterns, or shadows in your photo.
- The light should come from in front of you so that you do not have shadows on your face. Also, remember that the intensity must be just right. Not too dark, not too bright.
- You must appear in your passport photo or visa photo with your head held straight. Do not rotate or tilt it in any direction. Remember that both halves of your face must be visible equally, which is why you cannot submit a portrait-style picture.
- You cannot smile in your picture. Nor can you frown or raise your brow. The only facial expression you can display is neutral.
- Your eyes must be clearly visible in your passport photo or visa photo. It is recommended that you take your prescription glasses off during the photo session. Needless to say, you cannot wear sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinted lenses.
- Headwear is allowed for religious purposes. But please make sure that your face can be seen from the top of your forehead to the bottom of your chin. Also, the headwear should not create shadows on your face.
- As long as your beard represents your everyday appearance, you do not have to shave it for your passport photo or visa photo. Nevertheless, if you plan on making some changes to your facial hair, do so before you take your picture.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Since children need to have their own passport and visas, you are going to have to take their pictures too. The process is pretty much the same as for adults. The only difference is that a child’s head is smaller. Hence, a child’s head can occupy less space in the photo. Below, you are going to find a few useful tips on how to photograph your kids.
- Photograph your child when he/she is awake. The eyes must be seeable.
- You cannot appear in your child’s passport photo or visa photo. Not even your hands can be visible (if you hold the baby during the photo session.)
- The baby cannot appear with headwear on or with a pacifier in his/her mouth. Make sure to remove them.
- If you want to photograph your child from above, while he/she is in the lying down position, make sure to place a white layer underneath to ensure a white background.
- You can also take the photo of your child in a car seat. If you do that, remember to cover the backrest of the chair with a white sheet. Once again, the background must be white.
Price and Cost
Have you ever gone to a photo studio to get your passport photos or visa photos? If not, then you should know that it’s not the cheapest ordeal. However, if you use the services provided by MyPassportPhotos, you will spend less money. For a Somalia passport, you are required to procure 2 photos, and we can give them to you for only $5.99. That is roughly 3,460 SOS.
How to get Somalia Passport Photos or Somalia Visa Photos Online
Since you now know what rules you have to follow, you are ready to take your passport photo or visa photo. All you need is a camera with a decent resolution.
Please remember to follow all the guidelines above when you take your picture. As soon as you have one that you love, you have to submit it to MyPassportPhotos for processing. We will make sure that you end up with a government-compliant passport photo. After we process the image, you will be presented with 2 options:
- 1.Give us your address so that we can send you your passport photo.
- 2.Download the image so that you can print your own passport photos.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact MyPassportPhotos’ customer support. We are more than glad to address any questions you may have.
Example of a correct photo