When you are getting ready to apply for a Uruguay passport, you have to make sure that you have the necessary documentation for the process. Among the requirements, you will find 2 passport photos. But you are no longer needed to go to a professional photo studio to get your pictures. Instead, you can get them online with MyPassportPhotos. Take your photo at home, and MyPassportPhotos will make sure that it is in compliance with government regulations.
Traveling abroad might also entail a visa application process. It depends on where you want to go, but you might be eligible for an electronic visa. If that is the case, you should check out iVisa.com. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast online visa application process.
- Required photo size: 2 by 2 inches
- The submitted photos must be in color
- Head position: straight
- Recency: taken no more than 6 months ago
- Background: white
- Smile: no
- Eyes: must be clearly visible
- Blurred pictures will be rejected
- Glasses: acceptable only if they do not obscure the eyes and there is no glare in the photo
- Headwear: not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious/cultural purposes
- Resolution (pixels): at least 600 dpi
- Dress code: the colors of your clothes must be in contrast with the background. Do not wear white tops
- Beard: permitted if it represents your everyday appearance
- Number of photos necessary: 2
Uruguay Passport Photos and Visa Photo Requirements – Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Now that you know the Uruguay passport photo requirements, it’s time to learn how to properly take your picture. It is not a difficult task, but you have to take into account a few rules and guidelines. Here are the things you must consider in the process:
- Since it is required that the background is white, you have to take your passport photo or visa photo against a white wall. If you do not have a white wall, you can just take a white sheet and hang it on a wall. As long as the background does not have colors, patterns, and shadows, you are good to go.
- The room in which you take your picture must be properly lighted. The intensity cannot be too low or too high. Also, please make sure that you go for a frontal source of light (i.e., flash) so that you do not appear in your photo with shadows on your face.
- When you take your picture, make sure that your head is positioned straight and your face forward. It is essential that both sides of your face are equally visible, which is why you cannot submit a portrait-style photo. It will be rejected.
- You are not permitted to smile in your passport photo or visa photo. Nor can you make any other facial expressions other than neutral.
- The eyes must be perfectly distinguishable in your passport photo or visa photo. Nothing can obscure them. If you have prescription glasses, it is preferable that you take them off. Needless to say, sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinted lenses are not allowed.
- Headwear is acceptable only under certain conditions. For instance, if you are bound by your religion to cover your head, you can keep your headwear. However, you have to make sure that your face can be seen from top to bottom. Also, the headwear must not cast shadows on your face.
It is not mandatory for you to shave your beard before you take your passport photo or visa photo. But only as long as it represents your everyday look.
Rules and Requirements for Babies, Infants, and Newborn Passport and Visa Photos
Are you planning on traveling with your children? Then you have to get passports and visas for them too. Fortunately, MyPassportPhotos can help you with the pictures in this case as well. Here are some tips for you to use when you photograph your kids:
- Children’s eyes must be visible, as well. Therefore, you have to take their pictures when they are awake.
- Make sure that the child is alone in the picture. If you want to hold your baby for the photo, you must conceal your hands.
- You have to remove your child’s headwear and/or pacifier.
- When you decide to photograph your infant in a car seat, you are required to ensure a white background by covering the backrest of the chair with a white sheet.
- When you want to photograph your child in the lying down position (take the photo from above,) you have to place a white layer underneath to make sure that the background of the picture is white.
Price and Cost
When you go to a professional photo studio, you actually spend more money than when you get your passport photos or visa photos online. A Uruguay passport entails 2 pictures, and when you decide to obtain them with MyPassportPhotos, you only spend $5.99 on them. In Uruguay currency, that is about 259.40 UYU.
How to get Uruguay Passport Photos or Uruguay Visa Photos Online
The online process of getting your passport photo or visa photo online with MyPassportPhotos is quite straightforward. Feel free to use the camera you have on your phone or tablet. It should have a decent resolution.
Once you have the camera, you have to find the right spot. Remember the rules about background and lighting. When you take your picture, consider all the other rules so that you manage to take a valid photo.
After you manage to take a picture that you love, you have to submit it to MyPassportPhotos for processing. That is the moment in which we make sure that your picture is 100% government compliant. Then, you will be presented with two options:
- 1.Download the photo to print it yourself.
- 2.We can send you your pictures if you provide us with an address.
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding MyPassportPhotos and its services? Feel free to contact our customer support.
Example of a correct photo