In Europe, the 9th largest country is Poland. Poland, a culturally rich and grounded country, is a popular tourist destination for people from all around the world. Poland is unique for its distinct cuisine and for its language. In fact, many Polish traditions are celebrated all around the world because an estimated 35% of Polish people live abroad.
If you are a citizen of Fiji, visiting Poland is fairly easy. In order to enter the country, you will need to have a valid visa. Poland offers many different visas that cater to different travel purposes. As a member of the Schengen zone, Poland offers many visas that are dictated by the guidelines set by the Schengen zone. The application itself will need to be submitted in person at the embassy or consulate in your country.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long should I wait to submit my application for a Poland Schengen visa?
You can apply for your visa up to 6 months before your planned arrival. We recommend getting your application submitted at least 3 weeks before you travel to the Schengen zone. You should not travel to Poland until you receive your approved visa.
How long am I allowed to stay in Poland and in Schengen with my visa?
Citizens of Fiji are able to apply for visas that, for the most part, follow the 90/180 rule. The 90/180 rule applies to single entry, double entry, and multiple entry visas. It does not apply to extended stay visas.
This rule places limitations on how many days within 180 consecutive days you are allowed to stay in Poland and in Schengen. You are only allowed to be in Poland and Shengen for a total of 90 days within 180 days.
What Documents Do I Need to Submit?
You will present documents for the Poland (Schengen) visa when you arrive for your appointment at the Polish embassy or consulate closest to you. When you go to the embassy/consulate, bring a printed copy of your application with you; this will arrive in an email from us. You will also need the following documents:
- Printed confirmation of your scheduled interview appointment.
- Current valid passport.
- 2 recent photos. Photos must be taken with a white background and can have no obstructions (glasses, hats, etc.) covering your face or ears. Additionally, the photos cannot be more than 6 months old and must be 5x5 inches.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months to show that you have more than enough money to cover the expenses of your trip (unless you are being sponsored by a company/institution).
- Accommodation details (hotel reservation or invitation letter).
- Medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros.
What countries are included within the Schengen zone?
A total of 26 countries are included in the Schengen zone:
- Czech Republic