The Schengen Zone in Europe attracts thousands and thousands of people every year. It consists of 26 different countries that allow people to move freely between them. It was founded in 1995. In the summer of 2007, the country of Poland made the decision to join the Schengen Zone. Since then, hundreds of thousands of visas have been issued.
Citizens of Ghana must first obtain a Visa before they are able to travel to Poland and the Schengen Area. Your application must be submitted in person at the Polish Embassy in your country.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay for my Visa?
You can pay for your Visa at the embassy. If you are submitting an application for a child under the age of 6, you will not need to pay a fee. You also do not need to pay an application fee if you have an immediate family member who is a citizen of a country within the EU.
Will my application fee be refunded to me if my application is not accepted?
Application fees are handled by the Polish Embassy. The Polish Department of Immigration does not allow any refunds to be processed for application fees.
What is the max stay that is allotted for the Poland Schengen visa?
The majority of the visas that are issued have a max stay of 90 days over a period of 180 days. This is called the 90/180 rule. Visas that this might not apply to include extended stay visas, student visas, and more.
When should I bring my application to the Embassy for processing?
Before you go to the Embassy, book an appointment so you do not have to make multiple trips. You should submit your application no later than three weeks before your trip is due to begin.
Will I be given a refund if my application is rejected?
No The application fee that is charged by the embassy is non-refundable.
What Documents Do I Need for the Poland (Schengen) Visa Application?
You will present documents for the Poland (Schengen) visa when you arrive for your appointment at the Polish embassy closest to you. When you arrive, bring a printed copy of the application with you; this will arrive in an email from us. You will also need the following documents:
- Printed confirmation of your scheduled interview appointment.
- Current valid passport.
- 2 recent photos. Photos must be taken with a white background and can have no obstructions (glasses, hats, etc.) covering your face or ears. Additionally, the photos cannot be more than 6 months old and must be 5x5 inches.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months to show that you have more than enough money to cover the expenses of your trip (unless you are being sponsored by a company/institution).
- Accommodation details (hotel reservation or invitation letter).
- Medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros.
What countries are included within the Schengen zone?
- Czech Republic