Poland Schengen Visa for Citizens of Lesotho

Poland Schengen Visa for Citizens of Lesotho

iVisa | Updated on Mar 05, 2020

Citizens of Lesotho need to get a visa to enter Poland. The Schengen Visa is the best option as it provides you with maximum access to Europe and allows you to cross in between borders of Schengen member states.


The main difference in the Poland Schengen Visa is that you will have to begin and end your European trip through Poland. Besides that, you will need to make sure you have all of the information ready for your application and travel arrangements.

Information and Application Requirements for the Poland Schengen Visa

Types of Poland Schengen Visas

There are many types of visas. Many people are looking to get a tourist visa, transit visa, student visa, or a business visa.

All of these visas have different requirements and different subtypes. Some of them allow for varying entry allotments like a single entry visa versus a double entry or multiple entry visa which allows for multiple entries into Poland and the Schengen Area.

Countries to Visit as a Schengen Visa Holder for Poland

With this visa, you will have to enter and exit the Schengen region through Poland, but you are allowed to visit all Schengen area countries such as France and Spain.

The same is true of other Schengen visas, so if you get a German Schengen visa, you will be allowed to explore all Schengen member states but must enter and exit through Germany.

Costs of a Poland Schengen Visa

In most cases, children who are 0-5 years old can get a free visa as long as the guardian provides the correct information.

Children older than five years old and all adults that apply for a visa will need to pay a visa fee. The visa cost can range from $40 USD to $90 USD (or 40 € to 80 €). Visa fees are subject to change per embassy/consulate and also are subject to change based on currency exchange rates.

Check with your embassy or consulate for the latest visa pricing information.

International Student Visa Information for Poland Schengen Region

You will need to provide proof of enrollment in the Polish university, proof of financial sustenance showing you can survive while attending university in Poland, as well as a No Objection Letter/Certificate from your university advisor or other qualified school officials.

The No Objection Letter/Certificate is a document provided by the Polish university stating that you have reason to leave Poland and the Schengen region after you finish your studies. Sometimes, this letter/certificate is optional, but it is a good idea to have it with you when traveling to Poland for school, just in case.

The Poland Schengen Visa Application Requirement Documents and Information

Getting a Schengen visa requires many documents and information to be provided to the application center with your application.

You will need:

  • Cover Letter - Show the reason why you are entering Poland and what business or tourism you will be conducting.
  • Passport Photos - Get extra passport photos to attach to your visa application for Poland. Make sure they have a solid, light background and that your entire face is showing.
  • Personal Information - You’ll need to provide basic personal information about yourself like your name, contact information, and national residency.
  • Valid Passport Bio Page - Your passport must be valid for 3 months after your return date from Poland. You’ll also need to have two blank passport pages for stamping purposes.
  • Medical Insurance - When traveling to the Schengen Area, foreign nationals will need a travel medical insurance policy with at least 30,000 € coverage.
  • Flight Itinerary - Show confirmation of your entry and exit dates and travel times.
  • Financial Stability - You must be able to prove that you have enough money to sustain you during your travel to Poland and the Schengen Area.

Getting Started with the Schengen Visa for Poland Application Process - Lesotho Residents

As with any visa, you need to be prepared to show residency documents, financial statements, and letters of invitation from entities in Poland or Europe that will host you during your stay. It can be nerve-wracking, but we are here to help.

Chat with us through by clicking the chat bubble below, or feel free to email us with any questions. You can also find iVisa on Facebook, through which we can help you as well.

Share this article on:
Need Help?