Getting a Schengen Visa for Poland is a great option for citizens of Malawi. This special type of visa is great if you plan to travel around Europe instead of staying only in Poland. That means you will land in Poland and then can travel to most major countries within the Schengen region and can make the most out of your trip.
Let’s chat about what you need to get started for the application process and tips to consider for your travel arrangements to Europe.
Poland Schengen Visa: Information and Requirements
What if I am traveling to Poland and the Schengen Area for medical reasons?
In addition to the general documentation you need for a visa application, you will also need to supply:
- Medical Report - This must show the reason for your medical journey.
- Appointment Reservation Information - You must provide official proof of your appointment information from the Polish hospital or medical building where you will be going.
- Financial Receipts - Show where you have already paid for your medical fees or how you will be paying for it.
What is the price of a Schengen Visa for Poland?
The visa cost can range from $40 USD to $90 USD (or 40 € to 80 €). Visa fees are subject to change per embassy/consulate and also are subject to change based on currency exchange rates.
After I land in Poland, am I allowed to go to other European countries?
If you specifically apply for a Poland Schengen Visa, then you will need to fly in and out of Poland. Otherwise, you can arrive in and leave from any other Schengen Area member state, but you will have to fill out the visa form for that specific country.
More than 20 European countries allow access to their countries if you are a Schengen visa holder.
When I apply for a visa, what general documentation do I need to bring/supply?
You will need:
- Basic Personal Information - All Schengen Area application forms will require your personal information like your state of residence and contact information.
- Biography Page from Your Passport - Your passport must be valid for 3 months after your return date from Poland. You’ll also need to have two blank passport pages for stamping purposes.
- Means of Subsistence - You must be able to prove that you have enough money to sustain you during your travel to Poland and the Schengen Area.
- Letter of Intent - Show the reason why you are entering Poland and what business or tourism you will be conducting.
- Photos - Be sure to bring extra colored copies of your passport photos to be attached to your application. They will need to follow regular passport photo requirements like no face coverings and a solid, light background.
- European Medical Insurance - When traveling to the Schengen Area, foreign nationals will need a travel medical insurance policy with at least 30,000 € coverage.
- Travel Arrangements - Show confirmation of your entry and exit dates and travel time.
Are there different types of Poland Schengen visas?
There are many types of visas. Many people are looking to get a tourist visa, transit visa, student visa, or a business visa.
All of these visas have different requirements and different subtypes. Some of them allow for varying entry allotments like a single entry visa versus a double entry or multiple entry visa which allows for multiple entries into Poland and the Schengen Area.
Application for the Poland Schengen Visa for Malawi Citizens
Going to Europe can feel like a complicated process. That’s why it is important to get as much information as possible before you go to fill out the application form.
If for some reason you still have questions about your situation that we were not able to answer in this post, feel free to reach out to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a solution.