Obtaining a Schengen Visa for Poland is a wonderful option for citizens of Mauritania. This special type of visa is great if you are going to travel throughout Europe instead of exploring only in Poland. That means you will arrive in Poland and then can traverse to most major countries within the Schengen area and will be able to make the most out of your trip.
What You Need to Know | The Schengen Visa for Poland
Required Documents for the Application - Poland Schengen Visa
You will need:
- Valid Passport Bio Page - Have two blank pages for stamping reasons and be sure that your passport’s expiration date is at least 3 months past your departing flight/exit.
- Personal Information - All Schengen Area application forms will require your personal information like your state of residence and contact information.
- Medical Insurance - When traveling to the Schengen Area, foreign nationals will need a travel medical insurance policy with at least 30,000 € coverage.
- Flight Itinerary - Show confirmation of your entry and exit dates and travel time.
- Financial Stability - You must be able to prove that you have enough money to sustain you during your travel to Poland and the Schengen Area.
- Cover Letter - State the travel details and reason(s) of your trip and include any relevant information about the business or school you will be attending if that is the reason for your trip.
- Passport Photos - Get extra passport photos to attach to your visa application for Poland. Make sure they have a solid, light background and that your entire face is showing.
I’m self-employed. Do I need to supply additional information to get a Poland Schengen visa?
Yes. You will also need:
- Business License copy
- Previous Bank Statement covering the last 6 months of business transactions
- Your Most Recent Income Tax Return
Schengen Visas for Poland - Types and Subtypes
There are many types of visas. Many people are looking to get a tourist visa, transit visa, student visa, or a business visa.
All of these visas have different requirements and different subtypes. Some of them allow for varying entry allotments like a single entry visa versus a double entry or multiple entry visa which allows for multiple entries into Poland and the Schengen Area.
Am I allowed to fly into another country with a Poland Schengen Visa?
If you specifically apply for a Poland Schengen Visa, then you will need to fly in and out of Poland. Otherwise, you can arrive in and leave from any other Schengen Area member state, but you will have to fill out the visa form for that specific country.
The Poland Schengen Visa does allow you to travel around the Schengen area once you have arrived in Poland.
Business Travelers - Additional Information Required for Poland Schengen Visa
If you are traveling to Poland or the Schengen Area for business purposes, you will need to also supply the following with your visa application:
- Invitation Letter - Make sure the Polish company you plan to work with supplies a cover letter with detailed contact information and the reasons why you are coming to Poland to conduct business. If you are being hosted by the company, provide detailed information about your accommodations in the invitation letter also.
- Business Purpose Certificate - Speak to the Polish company that you are working with to get a proper certificate.
- Business Organizational Papers - How is your company and the Polish company related? Provide original contracts that show the articles of organization/association and any business licenses that are also related to your joint business venture.
- Prior Trade Deals - Have you conducted trade with this company before? Bring documentation showing previous business relations.
- Half-Year Financial Report - Show the past 6 months of your business finances.
Poland Schengen Visa - Costs and Fees
Children under 6 years of age are usually free and don’t require payment for their visas. Children 6 years and older and all adults will have to pay for a visa. The visa cost can range from $40 USD to $90 USD (or 40 € to 80 €). Visa fees are subject to change per embassy/consulate and also are subject to change based on currency exchange rates.
Check with your embassy or consulate for the latest visa pricing information.
Mauritania Citizens - Get Your Poland Schengen Area Visa
Check out our other blog posts to get more information, or simply reach out to us and we will answer any questions you may still have about your upcoming trip.
It can be an overwhelming task to prepare and apply for a visa for Poland and Europe, since there are so many requirements. That’s why we created iVisa to supply you with relevant information and access to many visa forms online.