If you're a Rwandan citizen traveling to Poland, you'll need to get the correct type of Schengen visa. The Schengen Visa is designed for foreign travelers requesting entry in the Schengen Area of Europe, which consists of 22 European Union member states and non-EU member states that are part of the European Free Trade Agreement. Poland is one of those EU member states.
Use our Visa Checker Tool to find out specific information for your country if you plan to travel to the Schengen region of Europe. Otherwise, see below for more detailed information on what you need to get a Poland Schengen Visa, such as prices, requirements, and time limits.
Poland Schengen Visa: Information and Requirements
Is Poland the only country in the Schengen Area I can fly into with this visa?
When you apply directly for a Poland Schengen visa, then you will need to travel in and out of Poland. Otherwise, you may arrive and leave from any other member state of the Schengen Area, but you will have to fill out the visa form for that particular country.
The Poland Schengen Visa does allow you to travel around the Schengen area once you have arrived in Poland.
I’m going to Poland to conduct business for my company. What else do I need to supply for the visa application?
If you are traveling to Poland or the Schengen Area for business purposes, you will need to also supply the following with your visa application:
- Invitation Letter - Make sure the Polish company you plan to work with supplies a cover letter with detailed contact information and the reasons why you are coming to Poland to conduct business. If you are being hosted by the company, provide detailed information about your accommodations in the invitation letter also.
- Half-Year Financial Report - Show the past 6 months of your business finances.
- Business Purpose Certificate - Speak to the Polish company that you are working with to get a proper certificate.
- Business Organizational Papers - How is your company and the Polish company related? Provide original contracts that show the articles of organization/association and any business licenses that are also related to your joint business venture.
- Prior Trade Deals - Have you conducted trade with this company before? Bring documentation showing previous business relations.
What type of general documentation do I need to apply for a Poland Schengen Visa?
You will need:
- Passport Photos - Get extra passport photos to be attached to your visa application for Poland. Make sure they have a solid, light background and that your entire face is showing.
- Valid Passport Bio Page - Your passport must be valid for 3 months after your return date from Poland. You’ll also need to have two blank passport pages for stamping purposes.
- Medical Insurance - When traveling to the Schengen Area, foreign nationals will need a travel medical insurance policy with at least 30,000 € coverage.
- Personal Information - All Schengen Area application forms will require your personal information like your state of residence and contact information.
- Cover Letter - Show the reason why you are entering Poland and what business or tourism you will be conducting.
- Flight Itinerary - Show confirmation of your entry and exit dates and travel time.
- Financial Stability - You must be able to prove that you have enough money to sustain you during your travel to Poland and the Schengen Area.
How much is a Poland Schengen Visa?
Children under 6 years of age are usually free and don’t require payment for their visas. Children 6 years and older and all adults will have to pay for a visa. The visa cost can range from $40 USD to $90 USD (or 40 € to 80 €). Visa fees are subject to change per embassy/consulate and also are subject to change based on currency exchange rates.
Please check with your embassy or consulate for the latest visa pricing information.
Application for the Poland Schengen Visa for Rwanda Citizens
Any resident of Rwanda will need to get a visa to enter Poland. If you need assistance, please feel free to reach out to our support staff via chat or email, and we will help you locate your nearest visa application center as well as answer any further travel document questions you may have.