If you are traveling to Poland as a citizen of Sierra Leone, you will need to get the correct type of Schengen Visa. The Schengen Visa is designed for foreign travelers seeking to enter the Schengen area of Europe, which consists of 22 European Union member states and non-EU member states that are part of the European Free Trade Association. Poland is one of these EU member states.
Use our Visa Checker Tool to find out specific information for your country if you plan to travel to the Schengen region of Europe. See below for more detailed information on what you need to have to get a Poland Schengen Visa.
Poland Schengen Visa: Information and Requirements
I’m going to Poland to conduct business for my company. What else do I need to supply for the visa application?
If you are traveling to Poland or the Schengen Area for business purposes, you will need to also supply the following with your visa application:
- Business Organizational Papers - How is your company and the Polish company related? Provide original contracts that show the articles of organization/association and any business licenses that are also related to your joint business venture.
- Invitation Letter - Make sure the Polish company you plan to work with supplies a cover letter with detailed contact information and the reasons why you are coming to Poland to conduct business. If you are being hosted by the company, provide detailed information about your accommodations in the invitation letter also.
- Half-Year Financial Report - Show the past 6 months of your business finances.
- Business Purpose Certificate - Talk to the Polish company that you are working with to get a proper certificate.
- Prior Trade Deals - Bring documentation showing previous business relations.
What types of Poland Schengen Visas are there?
There are many types of visas. Many people are looking to get a tourist visa, transit visa, student visa, or a business visa.
All of these visas have different requirements and different subtypes.
What type of general documentation do I need to apply for a Poland Schengen Visa?
You will need to have:
- Valid Passport Bio Page - Your passport must be valid for 3 months after your return date from Poland. You’ll also need to have two blank passport pages for stamping purposes.
- Medical Insurance - When traveling to the Schengen Area, foreign nationals will need a travel medical insurance policy with at least 30,000 € coverage.
- Passport Photos - Get extra passport photos to be attached to your visa application for Poland. Make sure they have a solid, light background and that your entire face is showing.
- Personal Information - All Schengen Area application forms will require your personal information like your state of residence and contact information.
- Financial Stability - You must be able to prove that you have enough money to sustain you during your travel to Poland and the Schengen Area.
- Cover Letter - Show the reason why you are entering Poland and what business or tourism you will be conducting.
- Flight Itinerary - Show confirmation of your entry and exit dates and travel time.
What if I am traveling to Poland and the Schengen Area for medical reasons?
Going to another country for medical intervention is, unfortunately, necessary sometimes. Be sure you have this additional information ready to show immigration officials.
In addition to the general documentation you need for a visa application, you will also need to supply:
- Medical Report - This must show the reason for your medical journey.
- Financial Receipts - Show where you have already paid for your medical fees or how you will be paying for it.
- Appointment Reservation Information - You must provide official proof of your appointment information from the Polish hospital or medical building where you will be going.
How much is a Poland Schengen Visa?
Children under 6 years of age are usually free and don’t require payment for their visas. Children 6 years and older and all adults will have to pay for a visa. The visa cost can range from $40 USD to $90 USD (or 40 € to 80 €). Visa fees are subject to change per embassy/consulate and also are subject to change based on currency exchange rates.
Please check with your embassy or consulate for the latest visa pricing information.
Application for the Poland Schengen Visa for Sierra Leone Citizens
Any resident of Sierra Leone will need to get a visa to enter Poland. To do so properly, you will have to fill out an application in person at your nearest consulate or embassy.
Please contact our support staff via chat or email if you need assistance and we will help you find the closest visa application center as well as answer any further questions you may have about the travel documents.