To enter Poland as a citizen of the Maldives, you will need to acquire a visa. What’s great is you can get the Poland Schengen visa which will grant you traveling rights around most of Europe without having to get a visa for each country.
The Poland Schengen visa will require various documents for the application, and you’ll need to supply special documents based on the circumstances and reasons for your trip. While it may seem tedious, we have a lot of information below to help you get started.
Poland Schengen Visa: Information and Requirements
If I run my own business, what else should I bring to apply for a Poland Schengen visa?
- Business License copy
- Previous Bank Statement covering the last 6 months of business transactions
- Your Most Recent Income Tax Return
What is the price of a Schengen Visa for Poland?
The visa cost can range from $40 USD to $90 USD (or 40 € to 80 €). Visa fees are subject to change per embassy/consulate and also are subject to change based on currency exchange rates.
After I land in Poland, am I allowed to go to other European countries?
If you specifically apply for a Poland Schengen Visa, then you will need to fly in and out of Poland. Otherwise, you can arrive in and leave from any other Schengen Area member state, but you will have to fill out the visa form for that specific country.
There are over 20 countries that you can explore while holding a Schengen visa.
When I apply for a visa, what general documentation do I need to bring/supply?
You will need:
- Basic Personal Information - All Schengen Area application forms will require your personal information like your state of residence and contact information.
- Letter of Intent - Show the reason why you are entering Poland and what business or tourism you will be conducting.
- Photos - Be sure to bring extra colored copies of your passport photos to be attached to your application. They will need to follow regular passport photo requirements like no face coverings and a solid, light background.
- Biography Page from Your Passport - Your passport must be valid for 3 months after your return date from Poland. You’ll also need to have two blank passport pages for stamping purposes.
- Means of Subsistence - You must be able to prove that you have enough money to sustain you during your travel to Poland and the Schengen Area.
- European Medical Insurance - When traveling to the Schengen Area, foreign nationals will need a travel medical insurance policy with at least 30,000 € coverage.
- Travel Arrangements - Show confirmation of your entry and exit dates and travel time.
Are there different types of Poland Schengen visas?
There are many types of visas. Many people are looking to get a tourist visa, transit visa, student visa, or a business visa.
All of these visas have different requirements and different subtypes. Some of them allow for varying entry allotments like a single entry visa versus a double entry or multiple entry visa which allows for multiple entries into Poland and the Schengen Area.
What if I am traveling to Poland and the Schengen Area for medical reasons?
Going to another country for medical intervention is, unfortunately, necessary sometimes. Be sure you have this additional information ready to show immigration officials.
In addition to the general documentation you need for a visa application, you will also need to supply:
- Appointment Reservation Information - You must provide official proof of your appointment information from the Polish hospital or medical building where you will be going.
- Financial Receipts - Show whether you have already paid for your medical fees or how you will be paying for it.
- Medical Report - This must show the reason for your medical journey.
Application for the Poland Schengen Visa for the Maldives Citizens
It can be a daunting task to get ready and apply for a visa for Poland and Europe due to all of the many requirements. We at iVisa are here to help you through the travel document process.
Check out our other blog posts to get more information, or simply reach out to us and we will answer any questions you may still have about your upcoming trip.