Poland first join the Schengen zone in 2007 and has issued thousands of visas that allow travelers to explore the entirety of the Schengen zone. The Schengen zone is a community in Europe that is comprised of over 20 European nations, many of whom are also members of the EU. If you want to travel to Poland and you are a citizen of the Republic of Congo, you will need to apply for a visa. The government of Poland offers several different types of visas that are issued for various travel purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the requirements for documents that apply to this visa?
The following list of documents is not exhaustive. You may be asked to submit additional documentation depending on the type of visa that you are applying for.
- Printed confirmation of your scheduled interview appointment.
- Current valid passport.
- 2 recent photos. Photos must be taken with a white background and can have no obstructions (glasses, hats, etc.) covering your face or ears. Additionally, the photos cannot be more than 6 months old and must be 5x5 inches.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months to show that you have more than enough money to cover the expenses of your trip (unless you are being sponsored by a company/institution).
- Accommodation details (hotel reservation or invitation letter).
- Medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros.
Applications for minors will also need to include written consent from their legal guardian.
How early can I submit my application?
You are able to submit your application up to 6 months before your arrival date. We advise that you submit your application no later than 3 weeks prior to your trip.
What is the max stay allowed for visas they are issued by the Polish Government?
Max stays will differ from visa to visa. The government of Poland issues several types of visas that range from single entry to double entry to multiple entry. You will be able to indicate your preference on the application.
My children are traveling with me. Do I need to fill out a separate application for them?
Yes. Each person traveling to Poland and the Schengen area are required to have their own application submitted, regardless of age. Additionally, each traveler must have their own visa and cannot share with their legal guardians.
What countries are included within the Schengen zone?
There are 26 countries that have membership in the Schengen zone. More countries are expected to participate in the Schengen zone in the upcoming years, but the countries in the following list are the only European countries with complete membership in the Schengen zone.
- Czech Republic