Spanish citizens wishing to enter Portugal must apply for the Portugal Passenger Locator Card as this is an obligatory document to track foreigners entering the country. This is the only document required for Spanish citizens at the point of entry.
To see How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Portugal During Coronavirus, we recommend you to read the following list of questions. This way, you’ll be able to apply for this document online at iVisa.com and therefore enjoying its benefits for your trip.
How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Portugal During Coronavirus with iVisa.com
- Enter our application website. You have to fill out some basic information about yourself and your trip.
- Choose the processing speed.
- Our experts will review your application and they’ll inform you if there are any problems.
- Get your e-Visa via Email.
- Print or display your locator card to the officials at the airport in Portugal.
Apply in advance with iVisa.com
Are you traveling until a few months down the road? You can still apply for the Portugal Passenger Locator Card in advance! Apply now and forget about having to check when you’re eligible for this document. Our team will start processing your application when the time is right and can ensure the validity of your locator card for the entire trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Portugal Passenger Locator Card?
The Portugal Passenger Locator Card is a travel document required for all international travelers who want to visit Portugal. It works with an electronic system that the official authorities check once you arrive in the country.
Which travelers can visit Portugal for tourism?
Travelers arriving from these countries can enter Portugal for tourism: European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden), Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Brazil, USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Chile, Colombia, South Korea, UAE, Indonesia, Kuwait, New Zealand, Peru, Qatar, China, Rwanda, Uruguay, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Portugal?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID certificates are not mandatory to enter Portugal.
Approved vaccines are Janssen, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Vaccine certificates from Albania, Andorra, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Israel, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Morocco, Monaco, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine, and the Vatican are accepted as well as recovery certificates.
Do I have to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Portugal?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR/NAAT within 72 hours or antigen/TRAq within 48 hours for all travelers.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 12 are exempt from testing requirements.
- COVID test on arrival: Travelers who have spent time in South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia or Zimbabwe in the past 14 days must take a PCR test on arrival.
Do I have to quarantine once I arrive in Portugal?
- Quarantine requirements: 14 days for travelers arriving from Mozambique, South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia and Zimbabwe only with a negative result from a PCR or antigen test on day 3 to end quarantine early.
How long can I stay in Portugal with this document?
The information offered will remain in the official system only for 15 days after the flight date. Meaning that, after that, you’ll have to apply for a new one.
See How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Portugal During Coronavirus here.
What items or documents do I need to apply for the Portugal Passenger Locator Card?
The good thing about applying for this document online is that you won’t need many things for it. Only the following:
- A current valid passport, with at least 6-month validity.
- A credit/debit card or your PayPal account if you prefer.
- An email address to receive the document.
What is the price of the Portugal Passenger Locator Card?
You must pay a fee to get this document ready in the easiest and fastest way possible. However, with our services you can choose one of these processing options so that you can calculate the best price according to your budget:
- Standard Processing: 1 Business Day - USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing: 8 hours - USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing: 4 hours - USD 60.00.
How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Portugal During Coronavirus via the web?
To apply for the Portugal Passenger Locator Card, you only have to follow this:
- First, complete the online form with your private details and choose the processing speed.
- Second, review the information and pay for the document.
- Third, attach the items required and click the ‘submit’ button.
Can I get this document for free?
Yes, you can get this form for free. However, applying for it with iVisa.com’s services and having it ready before your trip is convenient if you want to save time in the immigration queues. Besides, you can apply in any language you need.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com to apply for this document?
You can feel safe using our services because we never endanger private details. That’s why you can see that we have many positive reviews.
Learn How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Portugal During Coronavirus here.
Where do I see more information?
Portugal has many incredible places to visit, especially if you go to Lisbon, which is the capital city. In Lisbon, you can explore the Plaza del Comercio, as well as Pedro IV Square and the Elevador de Santa Justa. All of these touristic spots have their charms which is why you’ll probably enjoy them while walking through Lisbon.
Aside from that, you can also visit the Castle of São Jorge, a huge castle that was built more than 10 centuries ago.
If Lisbon is not all you’re looking for, then don’t forget to visit other regions in this country like the Azores and Sintra. In Sintra, you can find beautiful places like Palacio de la Pena and Cabo Da Roca, while in the Azores you can enjoy the Berlengas Archipelago and the Lagoa das Sete Cidades.
Many things await in Portugal, which is why we remind you to get your travel documentation ready so that you can enjoy your trip in the best way possible. Remember that as a Spanish citizen you don’t need much, only the Portugal Passenger Locator Card!