If you’ve ever experienced a frozen hike to an Arctic glacier, or even a trip to the supermarket during a Canadian winter, you’ll know that there’s a time in every man’s life when a base layer may be the only accessory that will prevent you from developing an ice blue tint from head to toe. The seasons have been changing faster than you can leave the leaves from the driveway so without a doubt it’s time to consider adding the lifesaving base layer to your wardrobe essentials list.
As the ideal solution for workers in extreme conditions, brands have been updating and improving their base layer ranges in order to provide perfect coverage for demand across a wide range of industries which means that your perfect product is just a click away.
If you’ve ventured to check out the range on offer already, you’ll know that you are spoilt for choice with a multitude of options in all shades, styles, and materials. We know that you’d rather spend your free time outside, enjoying the fresh air rather than stuck behind your computer. Therefore, to save you effort we have scrolled and swiped through hundreds of reviews and customer ratings to bring you the ultimate list of the best men’s base layers available to you today from e-commerce retailers.
HIGH-END OPTION: WOOLX GLACIER MERINO WOOL BASE LAYER TOP
Cost: $99.00 - $99.72 (as of 09/13/2020 14:32 EST- Details*)
Our luxury base layer option is from experts at WoolX who sourced this unique Australian merino wool to provide you with the warmth you need in extreme conditions.
Photo by Woolx.
With a range of stunning colours available, you can reply on the WoolX Glacier merino wool base layer top with features such as:
- Extra-wide 3" cuffs and discreet thumb holes that make layering and extra hand warmth a breeze.
- Underarm gussets provide full range of motion, flatlock non chafe seams for the ultimate in comfort.
- As a Merino Wool base layer, our winter tops pull moisture away from your body, giving you incredible comfort & natural odor control.
- 100% Australian merino wool.
- Built for extremely cold temperatures below 0°
- Money-back guarantee so every order comes with a risk free guarantee.
If you’re keen on cycling or simply want to explore virgin rainforests and ancient grounds then a trip to see the Taï National Park is your best bet for an exotic Africa adventure. The Ivory Coast has plenty for the whole family to enjoy with safari parks and nature parks to satisfy thrill seekers of all levels. Make sure you have your base layer at hand for when the temperature drops at night so you can check out all there is to see when the lights are out.
ON A BUDGET OPTION: DEV OPS MEN'S 2 PACK LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRTS
Cost: $17.98 (as of 09/13/2020 20:51 EST- Details*)
We hunted down the best budget base layers for your buck and were blown away by this twin pack from Dev Ops. This option caters to all tastes as you can use these thin layers under all kinds of shirts to provide maximum comfort for minimum damage to your wallet.
Photo by Pinterest.
We appreciated the quality of the DEVOPS Long Sleeve T-Shirts and we’re sure you will too, along with other features such as:
- Ultra-soft and smooth fleece fabric of the base layer which caresses the skin so naturally providing maximum comfort and softness.
- Made from 90% Polyester and 10% Spandex
- Close-fitting style does better in retaining body heat to keep you warm.
- Moisture-sensing, quick-dry and breathable fabric with two-way air circulation and four-way stretch fabric
The Simien mountains are home to a range of native wildlife that you can’t expect to see in many other parts of the world, such as baboons. This part of Ethiopia offers a dramatic backdrop to an exotic holiday filled with rare animals and deep valleys. You should also be sure to visit the famous Blue Nile Falls, which stems from the most important river in Africa.
MERINO WOOL BASE LAYER: MINUS33 MERINO WOOL 707 YUKON MEN’S CREW – ANTI ODOR NO ITCH
Cost: $119.99 - $139.99 (as of 09/13/2020 20:51 EST- Details*)
Photo by Minus33.
This stunning Minus33 Merino Wool 707 Yukon Men’s Crew was chosen by our team as one of our top picks in celebration of its functional style which includes:
- Anti-odor moisture-wicking properties means you won’t have to wash it as often.
- Quality expedition base layer: 100% Merino Wool is super soft and extremely comfortable.
- Environmentally friendly as our 100% Merino Wool is a renewable fabric. Its anti-odor moisture wicking properties means you won’t have to wash it as often so you’ll use even less water.
- Sizes XS to 3XL and tall sizes M-Tall to XL-Tall.
- Technical details: 100% 18.5 Micron Merino Wool 400 g/m2 Interlock knit construction with flatlock seams.
- Garment Weight Size Large = 17 oz. (482 grams).
- UPF Rating 50+
SMARTWOOL BASE LAYER: SMARTWOOL MEN’S BASE LAYER TOP - MERINO 250 WOOL ACTIVE CREW
Cost: $69.99 - $162.54 (as of 09/13/2020 20:51 EST- Details*)
If you like to combine style with functionality then the Smartwool Men’s Base Layer Top - Merino 250 Wool Active Crew is the perfect choice for you. You will love the range of colours which provide variety in an often grey and black base layer landscape.
Photo by Smartwool.
When we say functionality, we think you will be pleasantly surprised by what’s in store including:
- Targeted insulation and ventilation in the Men’s Merino 250 Base Layer Crew that will allow you to stay comfortable while you’re out working up a sweat.
- Made with an interlock knit for enhanced comfort, breathability, thermoregulation, and odor resistance with Merino-covered shoulder panels and traditional slim fit design, allowing you to wear all day long without any discomfort.
- 100% Merino wool fabric offers breathable warmth, moves sweat away from the body, odor control, thermoregulation, and provides next-to-skin comfort in colder weather conditions.
- The flatlock seam construction of this top is specially designed to minimize chafing, making this Crew perfect to wear underneath a snow jacket during a long day of skiing!
This base layer is the perfect size to bring on a visit to the snowy peaks of the Nevada del Ruiz. You can set off for this active volcanic range from the high mountain city of Manizales and enjoy tales of cowboys and fincas from your gentleman guide. If it doesn’t feel like a vacation without a sandy sunset then a short jet north will bring you directly to the crystal blue beaches of Isla Baru. Abandon your base layer for swim shorts and sun cream because Colombia has it all.
MERIWOOL: MERIWOOL MENS BASE LAYER - 100% MERINO WOOL MIDWEIGHT LONG SLEEVE THERMAL SHIRT
Cost: $42.85 - $59.99 (as of 09/13/2020 20:51 EST- Details*)
If you like the striped designs of MERIWOOL Mens Base Layer - 100% Merino Wool Midweight Long Sleeve Thermal Shirt as much as we do then you’ll also want to wear all colors too. We think this is the perfect birthday gift for a friend or family member too.
Photo by Meriwool Layers.
- Men’s 250g/m² merino wool thermal crewneck top.
- 100% all natural superfine 18.5-micron Merino wool that ensures comfort all day.
- Men's size options from XS to 3XL.
- Interlock-knit Merino wool that can be used as a base layer or mid-layer, but won’t weigh you down.
- Merino wool’s natural wicking and odor-resistant properties keep you dry and comfortable while active in cold weather. Through the process of wicking, Merino wool is the most breathable fabric and absorbs moisture better than any other fibers. Wicking refers to a fabric’s ability to pull moisture away from your body and keep you comfortable.
- If your MERIWOOL Men’s Crew Top doesn’t perform to your satisfaction, return it to us within 30 days along with proof of purchase for a hassle-free refund, exchange, or replacement.
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty, which covers manufacturing and material defects.
- Washer/dryer safe. For best results: hand wash and lay flat to dry.
SMARTWOOL MERINO 250: SMARTWOOL MEN’S BASE LAYER TOP - MERINO 250 WOOL ACTIVE 1/4 ZIP OUTERWEAR
Cost: $58.79 - $207.92 (as of 09/13/2020 20:51 EST- Details*)
For those of you who are searching for the perfect zipper closure base top, you can stop looking because we have found the number one solution.
Photo by Smartwool.
- Targeted insulation and ventilation in the Men’s Merino 250 Pattern Base Layer 1/4 Zip will allow you to stay comfortable while you’re out working up a sweat.
- This top is made with an interlock knit for enhanced comfort, breathability, thermoregulation, and odor resistance with Merino-covered shoulder panels.
- The flatlock seam construction of this top is specially designed to minimize chafing, making this 1/4 zip perfect to wear underneath a snow jacket during a long day of skiing!
After reading reviews and descriptions of hundreds of base layer products available on e-commerce sites, comparing them for functionality as well as style and technological advancements in everything from odor eaters to sweat absorbers, we have decided that our number one top title winning base layer option is the DEV OPS Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirts. At under $20 for 2 quality base layers this is a bargain we can’t let our faithful readers miss out on. Check them out while they’re still available because you’ll need them on your next trip.
As an online visa processing company, iVisa is dedicated to making it easier for you to see the places you’ve always wanted to visit. The website combines reliable and updated information for travellers from every nationality. With handy tools such as the online visa checker and easy to understand forms, iVisa makes the application process as simple and clear as possible. That’s why we’re thrilled to help you find the ideal accessories for your next hiking trip to make your experience comfortable, convenient, and enjoyable.
Bon Voyage on your next trip!
* Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the linked site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.