The Kaliningrad Oblast region was once a member of the Russian Federation governed by the USSR. Kaliningrad, or "Little Russia" as it's affectionately called, can be found on the Baltic Sea shoreline, between Poland and Lithuania. Kaliningrad requires a visa for Latvians to enter.
Since July 2019, the Russian Foreign Ministry has enabled Latvian residents and other travelers from many countries around the world to sign up for an e-Visa for either business and recreation in Kaliningrad.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Kaliningrad e-Visa
How fast will my e-Visa request be completed?
For those traveling from Latvia to Kaliningrad, we have three processing time options. The fastest way to get your e-Visa is to select Super Rush processing.
If you select Standard processing, it will take a maximum of 9 Business Days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
If you select Rush processing, it will take a maximum of 7 Business Days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
If you select Super Rush processing, it will take a maximum of 5 Business Days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
How much does a visa to Kaliningrad cost?
The Kaliningrad e-Visa will cost residents of Latvia:
- USD 25.00 for Standard processing.
- USD 40.00 for Rush processing.
- USD 50.00 for Super Rush processing.
How many times can I enter Kaliningrad using my e-Visa?
Your e-Visa from Kaliningrad gives you Single Entry into Kaliningrad.
Do I need to use a specific port of entry to visit Kaliningrad?
Yes. The following are the only locations that will accept your e-Visa:
- Kaliningrad Airport (Khrabrovo)
- Mamonovo Railway Station
- Sovetsk Railway Station
- Bagrationovsk Land Route
- Gusev Land Route
- Mamonovo Land Route (Gzhekhotki)
- Mamonovo Land Route (Gronovo)
- Morskoye Land Route
- Pogranichnyy Land Route
- Sovetsk Land Route
- Chernyshevskoye Land Route
- Kaliningrad Sea Port
- Kaliningrad Sea Port - Baltiysk
- Kaliningrad Sea Port - Svetly
When does my e-Visa expire?
Your e-Visa for Kaliningrad will expire 30 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in Kaliningrad with an e-Visa?
You can stay in Kaliningrad for 8 days Per Entry.
What documentation is required to get my visa?
To complete your online e-Visa application for your trip to Kaliningrad, enter the Region, or both, please collect these records:
- Valid Passport - You’ll need to have at least six-months left on your passport from the date you plan to leave the region. Make sure your passport has at least one blank page for stamping.
- Travel Itinerary - Security officials will check your travel arrangements at your chosen port of entry to verify you have arranged to exit Kaliningrad before your visa expires.
- Digital Photo - This photo must have been taken within the last 3 months.
- Payment Method - To simply and securely pay for your e-Visa, use a debit card, credit card or PayPal.
The Best e-Visa Choice for Citizens of Latvia traveling to Kaliningrad
You can use any device connected to the Internet to get the e-Visa you need. iVisa provides our users with a quick, easy, and secure process to obtain a travel visa with no need to go to their embassy or consulate.
We hope you enjoy your trip!