The Kaliningrad Region was once a member of the Soviet Union. It is situated on the shore of the Baltic between Poland and Lithuania. It is known by the locals as "Little Russia," and requires a special visa for entry into the region from Malta.
The Russian Foreign Ministry has enabled visitors from Malta and travelers from 52 other nations around the globe to submit an application for an e-Visa for both commercial and recreational visits to Kaliningrad since July of 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Kaliningrad e-Visa
How fast will my e-Visa request be completed?
We have three processing alternatives for those who travel from Malta to Kaliningrad. The fastest way to get your e-Visa is to choose Super Rush processing.
If you choose Standard processing, it will take a maximum of 9 days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
If you choose Rush processing, it will take a maximum of 7 days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
If you choose Super Rush processing, it will take a maximum of 5 days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
How much does a visa to Kaliningrad cost?
The Kaliningrad e-Visa will cost residents of Malta:
- USD 25.00 for Standard processing.
- USD 40.00 for Rush processing.
- USD 50.00 for Super Rush processing.
How many times can I enter Kaliningrad using my e-Visa?
Your e-Visa from Kaliningrad gives you Single Entry into Kaliningrad.
Do I need to visit Kaliningrad using a particular port of entry?
Yes. The following are the only locations that will accept your e-Visa:
- Kaliningrad Airport (Khrabrovo)
- Mamonovo Railway Station
- Sovetsk Railway Station
- Bagrationovsk Land Route
- Gusev Land Route
- Mamonovo Land Route (Gzhekhotki)
- Mamonovo Land Route (Gronovo)
- Morskoye Land Route
- Pogranichnyy Land Route
- Sovetsk Land Route
- Chernyshevskoye Land Route
- Kaliningrad Sea Port
- Kaliningrad Sea Port - Baltiysk
- Kaliningrad Sea Port - Svetly
When does my e-Visa expire?
Your e-Visa for Kaliningrad will expire 30 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in Kaliningrad with an e-Visa?
You can stay in Kaliningrad for 8 days Per Entry.
What documentation is required to get my visa?
To complete your online e-Visa application for your trip to Kaliningrad, enter the Region, or both, please collect these records:
- Valid Passport - You’ll need to have at least six-months left on your passport from the date you plan to leave the region. Make sure your passport has at least one blank page for stamping.
- Travel Itinerary - Security officials will check your travel arrangements at your chosen port of entry to verify you have arranged to exit Kaliningrad before your visa expires.
- Digital Photo - This photo must have been taken within the last 3 months.
- Payment Method - To simply and securely pay for your e-Visa, use a debit card, credit card or PayPal.
The Best e-Visa Choice for Citizens of Malta traveling to Kaliningrad
You can use any internet-connected device to obtain an e-Visa. iVisa offers our customers a quick, easy and secure way to acquire a travel visa without going to their consulate, embassy, or immigration office.
We hope you enjoy your trip to Kaliningrad!