On the shores of the Baltic Sea between Lithuania and Poland lies the Kaliningrad Region. This exclave was formerly owned by the USSR and is now governed by the country of Russia. The local residents use the term "Molotovani" to refer to the region, which means "Little Russia" in English. Citizens of Vatican City will have to get a visa if they want to visit this picturesque beach getaway.
As of July 1st, 2019, the Russian Foreign Ministry has granted Kaliningrad e-Visas to individuals from 53 countries, including the Vatican City.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Kaliningrad e-Visa
How quickly will my e-Visa request be completed?
For those wishing to travel from Vatican City to Kaliningrad, iVisa offers three e-Visa processing options. The fastest way to get your e-Visa is to choose Super Rush processing.
If you choose Standard processing, it will take a maximum of 9 days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
If you choose Rush processing, it will take a maximum of 7 days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
If you choose Super Rush processing, it will take a maximum of 5 days to process your Kaliningrad e-Visa application.
How much does a visa to Kaliningrad cost?
The Kaliningrad e-Visa will cost citizens of Vatican City:
- USD 25.00 for Standard processing.
- USD 35.00 for Rush processing.
- USD 50.00 for Super Rush processing.
How many times can I use my e-Visa to enter Kaliningrad?
Your e-Visa from Kaliningrad gives you Single Entry into Kaliningrad.
Do I need to visit Kaliningrad using a specific port of entry?
Yes. These Kaliningrad entry ports currently recognize e-Visas:
- Kaliningrad Airport (Khrabrovo)
- Mamonovo Railway Station
- Sovetsk Railway Station
- Bagrationovsk Land Route
- Gusev Land Route
- Mamonovo Land Route (Gzhekhotki)
- Mamonovo Land Route (Gronovo)
- Morskoye Land Route
- Pogranichnyy Land Route
- Sovetsk Land Route
- Chernyshevskoye Land Route
- Kaliningrad Sea Port
- Kaliningrad Sea Port - Baltiysk
- Kaliningrad Sea Port - Svetly
When is my e-Visa going to expire?
Your e-Visa for Kaliningrad will expire 30 days after arrival.
How long can I stay in Kaliningrad with an e-Visa?
You can stay in Kaliningrad for 8 days Per Entry.
What documentation is necessary to get my Kaliningrad visa?
To complete your e-Visa application online for your planned visit to Kaliningrad, enter the Region, or both, gather these records:
- Valid Passport - You’ll need to have at least six-months left on your passport from the date you plan to leave the region. Make sure your passport has at least one blank page for stamping.
- Travel Itinerary - Your travel documents will be reviewed by security officials at your desired port of entry to verify that you plan to leave Kaliningrad before your visa expires.
- Digital Photo - This photo must have been taken within the last 3 months.
- Payment Method - Use a debit card, credit card or PayPal to pay for your e-Visa simply and safely.
The Best e-Visa Choice for Citizens of Vatican City planning to travel to Kaliningrad
Visitors from the Vatican City can apply for an e-Visa without contacting their embassy. Completing your e-Visa application is quick and simple and your private information is always kept secure.
If you are planning a visit Kaliningrad this year, you can fill in your e-Visa application on your smartphone, computer or tablet using our simple, straightforward platform.
Go out there and explore Kaliningrad!