Be sure to get a visa if you plan to go to Russia as a citizen of Aruba. Currently, Russia’s e-Visa program only extends to 53 countries, but they are adding more countries all the time. You may have to go to your local visa application center to get a Russian visa for now.
Once the application for the e-Visa program for Russia is released for your country, we will have it posted on our website. Search the Visa Checker Tool to see what e-Visa programs are available to you as a resident of Aruba.
The Russia e-Visa Program | Common Questions & Answers
What type of entry restrictions are there with a Russian e-Visa?
With an e-Visa, it usually only grants the holder one entry per visa per trip. Some countries’ citizens may be allowed what is known as a double-entry visa depending on your needs and clearance status.
Which travel types are okay while holding a visa for Russia?
Business travel, tourism travel, some student travel, and humanitarian travel are all allowed with a Russian e-Visa. Some restrictions may apply based on your country of citizenship.
Will I need additional permits to enter specific parts of Russia?
Yes, you will. Foreign citizens are restricted from entering the following regions without a special permit.
- Around 15% of Kaliningrad Oblast
- Section of Volgograd Oblast
- Section of Astrakhan Oblast
- Section of Kamchatka Krai
- Sections of Arkhangelsk Oblast (include South part of Novaya Zemlya island) and the Komi Republic
- Sections of Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Section of Primorsky Krai
- Section of Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Section of Orenburg Oblast
- Section of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast
- Section of The Republic of Mordovia
- Sections of Murmansk Oblast and the Republic of Karelia. Transit to and from Norway is likely by the primary roadway.
- Sections of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
- Within Leningrad Oblast region - all Russian islands of the Gulf of Finland, except Gogland, and a 12-mile (20 km) strip along the south coast of the Gulf of Finland
- Sections of Moscow Oblast
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, yet the Bilibino region is an exception
- Section of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, 45% of the territory. Transit to the border with Georgia and to the border with South Ossetia are possible along the main roads. Tsey Gorge is open to foreigners since 2012.
What is the expiration date of a Russian e-Visa?
Technically, there is a 30-day limit on using a Russian e-Visa, but you may need to use it within 20 days of the date of issuance. Clarify this with your visa provider.
What documents and information are required to fill out a Russia e-Visa application?
While true of most visa applications, you will need the following to complete an online application and enter Russia through customs:
- Invitation Letter - Get this required document from your hostel, hotel, tour operator, or Russian citizen you plan to stay with. List your reason for travel and details of your lodging and length of stay. A PDF version is best if submitting digitally.
- Valid Passport - Valid for a minimum of 6 months from date of entry
- Passport-Style Photo - Use a light, solid background and make sure the photo is a colored photo and the size of a normal passport photo.
- Health Insurance Policy - Get medical insurance for international travel before you leave for Russia.
How long can I stay in Russia with an e-Visa?
You’re allowed up to 8 days in Russia once you enter the country and go through customs.
Get a Russia Visa | Citizens of Aruba
When you are planning your trip, getting a visa is important. Russia requires a visa to land in any of its regions created by the government. You can get this in person at a visa application center, and hopefully soon, you can get the e-Visa by filling out an online form.
Do you still have other questions? Let us help. Simply click on the chat bubble and ask us a question to get started.